Yeah! My new NW-A828 arrived!
Jul 9, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #106 of 120
anyone got any earphone recommendations for this series of sony walkmans? i like the earphones they came with, they give nice full sound.

looking for something that gives nice treble.
cool.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #107 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHINABOY1021 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone got any earphone recommendations for this series of sony walkmans? i like the earphones they came with, they give nice full sound.

looking for something that gives nice treble.
cool.gif

After lots of agonizing over the replacement for my iPod Nano and it's lackluster SQ, I've decided on the Sony NWZ-A728 (no need for the Bluetooth so I opted for the cheaper model) due to the sound signature of the player. It has wonderful synergy with the ER-4P's excellent upper range and detail. The Sony really gives the ER-4P some authoritative bottom end!

Plus it has tactile controls, which was my one point of contention with the Cowon D2. Though I've heard the Cowon's sterile sound signature doesn't blend well with ER-4P either, so I'm excited about getting my Sony soon. The demo model I played with only had low bitrate stuff on it; I can't wait to get mine and load it up with well-ripped, high bitrate MP3s.

Btw, the NWZ-A728 is only $160 at Best Buy.

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #108 of 120
For any British users still interested, Amazon.co.uk has the NWZ-A828KB (the 16gb model with bluetooth headset) for only £99!! Pretty awesome deal I thought...

P.S. Watch out, the NWZ-A828 is also for sale for £99, but it doesn't come with the bluetooth headset

Apr 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #109 of 120
Thanks for the tip thats great.

I was wondering though, the bluetooth headset is meant to be worst quality than the wired set isn't it?

I can't decide between this and the NWZ-S639F sound is probably the same, and you get a radio.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #110 of 120
I guess it is, but if anyone's reading this forum they probably already own a really nice pair of IEMs/buds so the wired set's just gonna sit around collecting dust, at least the bluetooth headset has some novelty/innovation value (I figured
smily_headphones1.gif
)!

Also, it's too late for me since I bought it on Amazon, but Play.com has the S829KB for £99 with free shipping, and the S639F for £110, so you end up paying an extra 10 for the radio. Although there are some sellers on e-bay selling the S639f for £99 but I guess it's a little riskier.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #113 of 120
Well if you're getting it for the radio then the S639F is fine, I would've gotten it instead of the S839 but the £99 price tag gets me! It's really cheap!

But I never listen to the radio so it's an easy decision for me. The real choice you have to make is:
S639 PROS: 40 hour battery life, radio. CONS: 2 inch screen, £10 more expensive
S839 PROS: 2.4inch screen, bluetooth (sleeker design) CONS: 36 hour battery life

It's a tough choice! But I don't think you can go wrong, they both seem very cool players. But with either player, an added extra (for me at least) is getting 3 months of Napster for free. I'm currently paying £10 a month for that, so if I pause my subscription for three months it's £30 in my pocket! Go Sony!

EDIT: Also, the Bluetooth headset included with the S839 is the Sony DR BT21G, which sells for £50 alone. Including that and the Napster subscription, this player pays for itself!!

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #115 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agentred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess it is, but if anyone's reading this forum they probably already own a really nice pair of IEMs/buds so the wired set's just gonna sit around collecting dust, at least the bluetooth headset has some novelty/innovation value (I figured
smily_headphones1.gif
)!...

Thats true about the bluetooth. I'm mainly using the stock A818 phones, was thinking of upgrading to the next EX90's. I think the 839 wired phones are the same as the A818's.

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #116 of 120
I'm not sure about the wired headphones actually, Most listings (ebay, product review sites) say the A829 include same MDR-EX082 headphones which came with the A7 and A81 series, but a few places (comments on Engadget) are saying the A829's includes another (presumably better) pair.

I think a lot of the product review sites/e-bay sellers are just copying and pasting product specs and pictures for the generic A7/8 series. Anyway, I couldn't find a conclusive answer...

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #117 of 120
Alright my 829 arrived!

It's much smaller and thinner than I expected. Also, it includes wired as well as wireless headphones! Haven't tried either yet but it's nice to know the wired are included.

More importantly though, I'm seeing REALLY slow transfer speeds. Like 2 or 3 seconds per song (around 3mb). Surely 1 mb per second is a little slow for USB 2.0??

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #118 of 120
funny, i am selling that exact model and would love anyone who uses windows (i don't) and is not bothered by sonic stage (I am) to buy mine. original earphones, line in adapter for recording in full PCM or atrac codecs - but that is about it. if you are in North America, I'll ship it for 80$ USD.

Same white model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back