Yeah! My new NW-A828 arrived!
Apr 19, 2008 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 120

HF_Frodo

Head-Fier
I couldn't resist the temptation so had asked a relative in Japan to buy & ship one. Mailman just dropped it off and I'm really excited! Much sooner than I expected (I was hoping to receive it sometime next week).
Anyway, I love how it looks (mine is NW-A828 White 8GB) especially in matching hard case (CKH-NWA820).
At the moment, current version of SonicStage on my PC is not recognizing it, so I'm in a bit of panic mode
frown.gif

I'll post impression with a few pictures later.

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetromino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new sony players from A7/8** onwards don't use SonicStage anymore. Windows Media Player/MTP or drag and drop only.

That's true for NWZ-A7xx or A8xx models. What I just got is NW-A828 (Japan only model). NW-A828 still uses SonicStage for music transfer, but pictures and movies can be transferred by drag and drop.

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 120
Gorgeous..DAP right there...

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment, current version of SonicStage on my PC is not recognizing it, so I'm in a bit of panic mode
frown.gif

If you can't get it resolved here, pop over to Atraclife and ask.
There are some threads about SS compatibility with the Japan models. I haven't read them since they don't apply to me, but I think you'll get some info about it at least.

Apr 20, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #11 of 120
Damn. Thats downright beautiful. Enjoy it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can't get it resolved here, pop over to Atraclife and ask.
There are some threads about SS compatibility with the Japan models. I haven't read them since they don't apply to me, but I think you'll get some info about it at least.

Thank you, soozieq.
I got an idea from the post in Atraclife, found a way to install SS (Japanese version) to my English Windows XP. Everthing is good now. ATRAC is back!
Thanks again.

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #13 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an option to make the album art larger?

Yes, there is. You can enlarge it under option menu while you are playing music (this is same for NWZ-A8xx series). I'll post pic later since my old digital camera is out of battery.

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #14 of 120
Hello Night Surfer,
Here you go. The same album art shown in larger mode. When I compare A828 to A818 side by side, 0.4 " display difference (2.4" vs 2.0") is more than I guessed before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back