Yeah, i'm definitely not an "audiophile"
Jun 2, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
yes

Well, you insinuated that headphones were not important, so I jokingly said that Jude should ban you for this treasonous turn of character.

Really though, I am glad that your hi-fi experiences have not ruined music for you. I have to admit that there have been times were I asked people if we could turn off the music because I was very familiar with how it sounded on my system, and their car stereo was not doing it justice.
Sigh... Hopefully when I get really old I will lose some of my hearing, and everything will sound "hi-fi" to me....

Jun 2, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #62 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Well, you insinuated that headphones were not important, so I jokingly said that Jude should ban you for this treasonous turn of character.

Really though, I am glad that your hi-fi experiences have not ruined music for you. I have to admit that there have been times were I asked people if we could turn off the music because I was very familiar with how it sounded on my system, and their car stereo was not doing it justice.
Sigh... Hopefully when I get really old I will lose some of my hearing, and everything will sound "hi-fi" to me....

lol
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #63 of 72
We aren't all Audiophiles here?
denial.jpg

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

there have been times were I asked people if we could turn off the music because I was very familiar with how it sounded on my system, and their car stereo was not doing it justice.

My attitude is that if you are in my car you will listen to what I want to listen and put up with it. I once gave my younger (11 years younger) brother a 500 mile lift from Scotland to Surrey with Radio 4 on all the way (A UK serious news radio station) - I have to admit that was unncessarily cruel
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Dont wish for it pal, it has happened to me - everything above 14K is gone now and the wife has to shout to get my attention.

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
We aren't all Audiophiles here?
denial.jpg

lol, love the photo
biggrin.gif
etysmile.gif

But no. no we aren't. i'm definitely a loser with too much time on my hands, but i don't really consider myself an audiophile anymore. less and less with time, actually.

but you guys are mostly cool, so i'll still come to meets and hang around
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #67 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagocup
I'm too poor to be an audiophile so I'm going to end it w/ two more headphones the Grado SR60 and Senn HD 555. I just want to enchance my music exp.
biggrin.gif

DO IT. RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS SITE, WE ARE AN EVIL PLAGUE THAT WILL DEVOUR YOUR SOOOOOUUUUUUULLLLLLL!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #68 of 72
DAMN YOU HEADFI!

Alriiiiight, you guys were right. Already i've found myself researching IEM's and portable amps.

frown.gif

doh ><

must..... resist.....

On a brighter note, at least there are less options, and in general said options are cheaper, when it comes to portable. Because I need to have an in-ear headphone, and I really don't like the bulk of most portable amps besides the Mint-sized ones. (pocket amp, govibe)

So there. I still win.
tongue.gif

EDIT: hmmm. ah screw it. IEM's aren't worth the trouble. my e3c's will be good enough. iPod mini + Pocket Amp 2v2 + Shure e3c
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #69 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
DO IT. RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS SITE, WE ARE AN EVIL PLAGUE THAT WILL DEVOUR YOUR SOOOOOUUUUUUULLLLLLL!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i wonder if head fi has some black magic ( just joking)

Jun 4, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #70 of 72
Hentai: I love your sig. I just woke up with my HD600s on.... I was.... just resting my eyes. Except, for about 4 hours. Yeah. That's it.
Mahler is rolling over in his grave....
rolleyes.gif

Sduibek: I will soon go on a gearless mecca like yourself--I've come to the conclusion that above a certain level (about the $23 level, for the Koss KSC-35), the advantage in gained sound quality is inversely proportional (the inverse x^9 law) to Empty Wallet Syndrome, which in itself can be linearly related to happiness.

IE, I spend $320 for SA5000, SQ goes up by a factor of 3, wallet goes down by a factor of 3^9, or 19,683. Since Happiness = m(Wallet) + C :: Happiness is currently -19,683, or the first derivative of (-19,683x^2)/2. How did that work out
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #71 of 72
I haven't taken a math class in like two years. No seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by axle
Hentai: I love your sig. I just woke up with my HD600s on.... I was.... just resting my eyes. Except, for about 4 hours. Yeah. That's it.
Mahler is rolling over in his grave....
rolleyes.gif

Sduibek: I will soon go on a gearless mecca like yourself--I've come to the conclusion that above a certain level (about the $23 level, for the Koss KSC-35), the advantage in gained sound quality is inversely proportional (the inverse x^9 law) to Empty Wallet Syndrome, which in itself can be linearly related to happiness.

IE, I spend $320 for SA5000, SQ goes up by a factor of 3, wallet goes down by a factor of 3^9, or 19,683. Since Happiness = m(Wallet) + C :: Happiness is currently -19,683, or the first derivative of (-19,683x^2)/2. How did that work out
rolleyes.gif

Aug 22, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #72 of 72
No you ARE an audiophile. I’m an audiophile too and let’s be proud.

Even if you have no gear but you are aware of better sound and you appreciate it, you are an audiophile.

Of course, music is most important. A lot of my favorite music listening experiences have been on crappy car speakers and budget computer speakers and my IEMs are $35 but I still consider myself to be an audiophile.

Don’t be embarrassed if you’re an audiophile. Cops aren’t gonna arrest you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back