yay se530s
Mar 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

wired00

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a pair of se530s
biggrin.gif

Absolutely blown away by the sound quality. These are my first in ear buds...my other pair were the bang & olufsen A8 (which i thought were great!?)

First three tracks i played were:
East Hastings - Godspeed you! black emperor
Alone in Kyoto - Air
Burn Girl Prom-Queen - Mogwai

I was amazed. The "soundstage" which everyone on here raves about was truly there lol. instuments all around me...clearly able to distinguish individual instruments especially subtle tapping of highhats and quiet talking before and after songs.

Everything just sounds amazing Mogwai, Godspeed you! black emperor, Junior boys, radiohead, various Drum & bass, reggae, reggaeton and dancehall.

I'm absolutely hooked on these headphones. Now i just can't wait for my iBasso D2 amp to arrive because the only problem i've found is that the headphone jack on my laptop has a very low hiss even with no music playing and the volume muted. 5.5 ipod seems fine. can't wait for usb out to the ibasso and lineout from the ipod though
biggrin.gif

Oh my .... OH MY
icon10.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 30
Yeah, you started the journey right at the top. Good call. I've had mine for only about a month or so, and tried many many different IEM's, and the SE530 is for sure my favourite out of the bunch.

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you started the journey right at the top. Good call. I've had mine for only about a month or so, and tried many many different IEM's, and the SE530 is for sure my favourite out of the bunch.

awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

hey i noticed you have the predator headphone amp. do you notice much difference compared to just using the headphone out on your ipod? I mean, is there actual changes in the sound your hearing by using opamps (sound stage etc). Just wondering because there isn't much need for a lot of power to drive the little speakers in them :p Or am i missing more of the purpose to using a headphone amp?

I'm keen to try it with my work mates SR80 Grados as he's never owned a headphone amp. They should sound quite nice too
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup same here..

sold mine and then bought another pair because I missed them...that is after owning the livewires and Ue5c..

good to hear, actually i was very close to buying the Ue5c...then the triplefi10's...finally got onto the 530s. i decided on the 530s from what people were saying on here about comfort. man were they right, i can barely notice them in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 30
I have the se530s and a predator. I would say the biggest difference using the line out and pedator versus just out of my iPod 5th gen is the lack of hiss. I can hear about as much hiss out of my iPod as with my shuffle first gen or iphone.

I pick up a bit more detail, perhaps a touch more separation. But the main thing is the dead quiet background.

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 30
Good choice on the SE530! They just suck me right into my music and take me into a world of sound, far away from the noisy commute I have to make every day.

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the se530s and a predator. I would say the biggest difference using the line out and pedator versus just out of my iPod 5th gen is the lack of hiss. I can hear about as much hiss out of my iPod as with my shuffle first gen or iphone.

I pick up a bit more detail, perhaps a touch more separation. But the main thing is the dead quiet background.

ahh cheers

yeah i just tested from the normal headphone out of my ipod and theres a tiny bit of hiss unless i really turn it up load. Compared to the shocking headphone out from my laptop its nothing i can't deal with till the D2 comes :p

Funny thing is that i listen to music on my A8's day in day out from the same headphone port and never noticed an issue. the 530's really show up bad sources

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
should have chosen the 10s lol

SHH! :p

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good to hear, actually i was very close to buying the Ue5c...then the triplefi10's...finally got onto the 530s. i decided on the 530s from what people were saying on here about comfort. man were they right, i can barely notice them in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually the UE5cs are customs...haha 2x the cost of the shures...worth it though..

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually the UE5cs are customs...haha 2x the cost of the shures...worth it though..

oops my bad
i meant the UE superfi 5's
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by JwY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrates -- especially for starting at the top.

thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

have been listening to them for every waking moment of the past couple days. oh they sound so great....so ...so great.

standard/progressive house music also glitchy bips & bleeps style electonica sounds fantastic with them the bass is just spot on imo.

However, Music that continues to blow me away are post rock type groups using a wide array of instruments - Silver mount zion, mogwai and godspeed you! black emperor have been getting a work out. Also good ol' led zep sounds amazing.

Its awesome just sitting on the bus taken away to another world while people merrily go about their business around me
smily_headphones1.gif

I now shudder even more at every man and his dog wearing those damn white buds.

hanging for that D2...
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back