YAY!!! I won a pair of tickets for Canada Day in Trafalgar Square! But who are the acts??
Jun 20, 2008 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
I never win anything and tickets weren't available to buy so I had to go into a lottery of thousands of people expecting nothing back. And then today my tickets dropped through the door! I could have kissed the postman except that today he was a woman and I just didn't feel comfortable about it
biggrin.gif

I don't know ANY of the line up except for Jesse Cook and he's the only reason I applied for tickets in the first place. I heard him on the radio in a cab in Yonge Street about 8 years ago and I went straight to Sam's record store and bought the album. Now I own everything he's ever done but I've never had the chance to see him live since he never tours the UK. So I'm stoked to be able to see him next week - and for free!

As for the rest of the line up, I've heard of Kathleen Edwards (but never heard anything by her) and I don't have a clue about the others.. Who are they? Does anyone know anything about them? I know I can research them and I actually don't even care if they're bad, I'm just thrilled to get to see Jesse play live!

Canada Day London: Listen to it

The Trews?
The McDades?
Jian Ghomeshi?

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 3
I've never heard of the Trews, but I think the McDades are a celtic band. I'm guessing that Jian Ghomeshi is the host - I think he has put his music career on indefinite hold. He used to be in the group Moxy Fruvous, but now he is host of a pop culture radio show on CBC called "Q". Have fun!

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Kathleen Edwards is an excellent singer-songwriter with an alt-country flavour out of Ottawa (I think). She had a killer career-making writeup from Rolling Stone some years ago and, when not channelling Lucinda Willams has a way with tunes and very sharp lyrics. Sounds like a great show -- enjoy!!!

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back