YAST(yet another soul trapped)
Mar 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Noah87

New Head-Fier

Trapped in the nets of sound quality, soundstaging, recessed mids and sibilance 

The above almost summens it up ! I've been trying to find a decent set of cans for some time now, I started of with the simple goal of finding a good sounding not to bright and very comfy mid-fi can for about 200-250$. First came the beyerdynamic (comfort) then the hifiman he-300 catched my eye and a bit later on came the denon d2000, from there things just went beserk.(this forum will kill me one day 
tongue.gif
)

I have tried to do all the research necessary[size=medium] [/size] to convince myself to make the purchase. But can't seem to make up my mind. 

And as many I'm not an audiophile but I can for example hear the difference between a dt770 pro and a dt990 pro 

So here I am, kindly asking for personal advice 

to sum it all up

will be used for music,movie's,voip, and more importantly streaming (big fan of esports)

music taste:

- electro,d&b,ambient,trance
- 60's - 70's music (led zep, hendrix , pink floyd,brian eno,..)
- jazz & swing
- and a whole lot more

so yes big surprise   --> an allround headphone search once again 
very_evil_smiley.gif

qualities I'm looking for:

- 1 comfortable
- 2 not too fatigueing (laidback listening possible)
- 3 good mids and lows
- 4 good build quality

I should probably mention a few things,

- I own a k240 sextett mp (find this so amazing for their mids but too uncomfortable)
- can't really demo anything (no decent headphone shop for miles and miles)
- located in the eu
- open or closed, doesn't matter.
- looking for good build quality 
- dont really want to buy sell buy sell buy sell. If you know what I mean

Oh I do have a couple of vintage stereo amps (pioneer, marantz,technics) and a mixing table if that would make any difference

Cans I've looked into 

denon d2000
hifman he 300
beyer dt 7xx 8xx 9xx (almost every version)
akg k70x  q702  k550
audio technica ad700 ad900*

atm I'm mostly torn between d2000 and he-300 

*only shallow research

the chances are that I'm easily putt off by negative comment's like to sibilant and recesed mids but I would find it ever so frustrating to buy a certain can and be dissapointed from the get go.

furthermore, I think I've read most of the threads on any of these cans + quite a few general threads but if there are any threads that I should read a link would be kind :)

sorry for the damn long post and thanks ever so much for any usefull reply, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back