yamaha vs. denon
Jun 28, 2004 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RobertR

100+ Head-Fier
just purchased a 400.00 piano craft mini system. I was unduly influenced by the glossy black speakers that match my grand piano.
i am rather pleased with the sound however deep down I think the denon would be a better choice:
1. it has a sub w. out which can reduce bass energy to the sattelites like a crossover wheras the yamaha would need an external xover. Am i correct
2. I was told that the headphone out is a dedicated headphone amp. and not an after thought'

Its not too late to return it and get the denon for 23.00 more.

please give some advice. also which sub to connect. I can pay about 300.00 for one.

Jun 29, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertR
just purchased a 400.00 piano craft mini system. I was unduly influenced by the glossy black speakers that match my grand piano.
i am rather pleased with the sound however deep down I think the denon would be a better choice:
1. it has a sub w. out which can reduce bass energy to the sattelites like a crossover wheras the yamaha would need an external xover. Am i correct
2. I was told that the headphone out is a dedicated headphone amp. and not an after thought'

Its not too late to return it and get the denon for 23.00 more.

please give some advice. also which sub to connect. I can pay about 300.00 for one.

Um, to spend $400 on a mini system and then $300 extra on a subwooofer seems like an odd way to divvy up $700 imho. The speakers on that system according to HiFi choice are reputed to have pretty good bass anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back