Yamaha Orthodynamic YH-1000 headphones
Sep 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 8
These are rare headphones. But unfortunately the problem you described means that the right hand driver has corroded through (I have seen it on two previous of the same model now).

I need spare parts and a single driver on one side though (for my pair which had the same issue)
smily_headphones1.gif
id be happy to buy them from you. See your pm

Sep 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 8
That's the real problem. Since it's so rare, it's impossible to replace the drivers unless you find another pair with one broken driver. Repairing the drivers is a tricky thing to do. Might work. Maybe not. Certainly a gamble.

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 8
Too bad about the driver - these would have been a prize otherwise.

Sep 6, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 8
Hey,
thanks to everyone for the comments and messages, ive been given alot of info and helpfull advice on them, thankyou! ive had alot of intrest and some intresting offers and have replied to everyones messsage. I want to sell them, and i will keep them on here till tonight and see what other offers i will get. Im in the UK, and would be willing to post to US if someone wants them, however payment from outside UK only would be paypal only, i would take paypal, cheque etc for UK.
PS. I havent tried taking them apart as i dont want to damage anything and the earpiece still looks factory sealed, although someone with a good hand could try, and it may be something simple, being that its been in the box most its life, but its the choice you take lol i dont know nothing about them so i dont want to ruin them for anyone who buys them,
Thankyou
Matt

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi everyone
I have a pair of YH1000 with one driver not working.
I would be prepared to buy a good replacement OR sell mine to someone who needs one.
The phones are complete and in good condition.
Any offers ?
Chris

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 8
Do you know what happened to the driver to make it stop working?

I'd definitely be interested in buying it if the drivers are repairable, but almost definitely not at the price it's going to go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back