Yamaha NS-1200 Monitor speakers
Aug 7, 2005 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GladiatoR

New Head-Fier
I currently have a pair of Yamaha NS-1200 speakers that were passed down by me dad to me. I have done a bit of research on these speakers and have found out that these are a limited edition. Just curious to see what these are worth and an estimation of how many were made in the world or what these are regarded to a true audiophile?

I have attached a picture below.

Note: Pictures are of a higher resolution.

www.users.on.net/~jkriz/IMG_0624.JPG

Kind regards Joe.

Aug 8, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Your dad has done you well, Joe. Those are gorgeous looking speakers, and I'll bet they sound terrific too.

I don't know the Yamaha NS-1200 designation, so do not know what they are a limited edition of. If they are in any way a derivitive of or equivalent of the Yamaha NS-1000/1000M/1000X, then they are special indeed. Back in the day (late 70's) the NS-1000's broke onto the studio and audio scene as wonders. They offered amazing performance (down to 39 hz, and accuracy to 20,000 hz +), previously unseen or unheard from monitor speakers. They are still well respected and sought after today, and an excellent pair can easily fetch $600 - $1000.

As a clue, the NS1000 family had Beryllium domed tweeter and midrange drivers. If your NS-1200 have the same, then you have a treasured pair of speakers on your hands. Here are two links for them: Link1 Link2

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
As a clue, the NS1000 family had Beryllium domed tweeter and midrange drivers. If your NS-1200 have the same, then you have a treasured pair of speakers on your hands. Here are two links for them:

Yes, the speakers have the Beryllium domed tweeters and the mid range drivers. The NS-1200 are larger than the NS-1000 and my dad purchased them over 15 years ago now. They originally cost him $4000.00AUD and it would be good to see what there worth for insurance purposes since I want to treasure these forever.

Kind regards Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back