Yamaha HPH-MT220 help!
Oct 5, 2015 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Winholtz303

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I want to purchase my first pair of nice headphones and after a ton of research I found these pretty much the best for what I'm looking for.  Two questions will I need an amp?  I will be using from my iPhone 6,  iPhone 4s and Lenovo thinkpad laptop.  Also will these be better then my parents bose headphones?  The around $120 ones I think or maybe $200?  And if so, then how much better.  Thanks in advance!

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hello there, I want to purchase my first pair of nice headphones and after a ton of research I found these pretty much the best for what I'm looking for.  Two questions will I need an amp?  I will be using from my iPhone 6,  iPhone 4s and Lenovo thinkpad laptop.  Also will these be better then my parents Bose headphones?  The around $120 ones I think or maybe $200?  And if so, then how much better.  Thanks in advance!

I would assume the MT220 sound better then the Bose headphones.
I suggest you try the MT220 plugged directly into all the sources you have, see if any sound better then the others.
Then see which device needs the most help driving the headphones.

Oct 5, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 3
My 220 sound great out of an iPhone, very full sound. You won't need an amp, but a Fiio E6 is pretty good if you really want an amp for it. Never heard Bose for more than a few minutes so I won't comment on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back