Yamaha EPH-100 modern-day alternatives?
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rtorres

New Head-Fier
I've been out of the game for a few years now, ever since my EPH-100 died.

Been only buying chi-fi's and some mid-tier TWS iems ever since. Some sounded decent, while some where okay-ish. But none wowed me like the EPH-100. It's musicality and fun sound is just insanely good to my ears. It was definitely an end-game tier to me (value-wise I guess).

Please please please if you were a previous/current EPH-100 owner and have found an alternative to it ($100-150ish) that are widely available in the market today, let me know and I would really, really, reaaallllyyy appreciate it. . Preferably in TWS or cabled w/ mic (or just plain cabled if there's none).

Jun 22, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 8
I've been out of the game for a few years now, ever since my EPH-100 died.

Been only buying chi-fi's and some mid-tier TWS iems ever since. Some sounded decent, while some where okay-ish. But none wowed me like the EPH-100. It's musicality and fun sound is just insanely good to my ears. It was definitely an end-game tier to me (value-wise I guess).

Please please please if you were a previous/current EPH-100 owner and have found an alternative to it ($100-150ish) that are widely available in the market today, let me know and I would really, really, reaaallllyyy appreciate it. . Preferably in TWS or cabled w/ mic (or just plain cabled if there's none).
I'm in the same exact boat! Did you ever find an alternative?

So far I've tried the Fiio FH3 and it's a letdown.
The Letshuoer S12 and the Etymotic ER2XR are coming in the next few days...

Sep 19, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #7 of 8
on the very cheap monster turbines were fun IEMS. Thumpy bass like the yamaha. There's a pair on ebay for 30 odd dollars. They won't turn your world upside down but you could do far worse for 30 bucks. I also was a big fan of the EPH-100, i bought many pair since they break easy but the sound was a lot of fun and I liked the bass and way they imaged in an almost 3d kind of stage. I still have a pair now but don't use them too much. They sound pretty bass heavy to me now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back