Yamaha dvd-s2700?
Jan 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stacker45

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for a good universal player to feed my x-can v2 and my grado gs 1000,so i would like to know what you guys think about the Yamaha dvd-s2700 or if you have any other suggestions?

Jan 2, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 4
That Yamaha looks pretty good, I haven't done any research on the more expensive universal players in a while. The cheapest one I know of is the Oppo, not nearly as classy looking.

I do know that Denon has a similarly priced universal player (2930). Most reviews deal with mainly video quality, I'd bet that the audio quality between the under $1,000 players is pretty close. I think for me, in this case, it would come down to features, looks and build quality track record.

Good luck.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Yamaha looks pretty good, I haven't done any research on the more expensive universal players in a while. The cheapest one I know of is the Oppo, not nearly as classy looking.

I do know that Denon has a similarly priced universal player (2930). Most reviews deal with mainly video quality, I'd bet that the audio quality between the under $1,000 players is pretty close. I think for me, in this case, it would come down to features, looks and build quality track record.

Good luck.

Thanks,by the way, i read somewhere that the 2700 has duel laser pickups oddly enough Yamaha dosen't mention it in their advertising.

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the Yamaha DVD-S1500, and it's the best player I've owned. Yamaha, unlike most manufacturer's in this price reange, really do pay attention to the quality of the audio output. I'd love to get a DVD-S2700 from my experiance with my current player. Happy Listening!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back