Yahoo! Getting a new car!
Jul 31, 2002 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Well, my family has 2 cars right now. . .

One of them, an automatic 92 mazda protoge, is, let's say, on its way out. It stalled 15 times on my dad when we were coming back from Pittsburgh. . .

When you're in drive, and you stop, the rpms start dropping, and it starts shaking, and usually dies.

Well, we're getting a civic! We found a 5 speed 94 with 70000 miles on it, 2 door hatchback. The back is a little banged up. . . but hey! Guess who's footing the thousand. . .

But hey! I'm happy! The mazda will finally be put to rest, and we'll have the buick and the honda. . . schweet.

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 5
Have you taken the mazda in to be checked out? Sounds like an idle speed problem, or it could be the spark plugs. It may just be something where the mechanic can plug in the diagnostic computer, adjust a setting or twist a screw on the engine, and have everything running fine in no time. Then again, maybe not, but it is worth a shot.

Cars tend to be quite strange at times, but if you keep them in good shape and have them checked at the first sign of major problems, it is amazing how long they will run for. My car is at around 204,000 miles and still has the engine it came with in it, and doesn't need it replaced.

Jul 31, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 5
My car had that same stalling problem... apparantely the distributor was bad and had to be replaced ($400), after that it worked fine. Too bad we had to get rid of it, the transmission ($2000) was just about dead (1990 nissan stanza)... Now I'm carless
frown.gif
(and going to college so wont be getting a car any time soon)

Jul 31, 2002 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 5
actually, it is an idle speed problem. When we went for the inspection, we put it back down. We have to turn it back up. One reason were getting this one is because my dad wants me to drive a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back