YAHA questions
Dec 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

juniperlater

1000+ Head-Fier
I am just finishing my first YAHA. I bought the PCBs and am going that route.

First, I have two 12VDC input spots. Which is negative and which is positive? Is it like CMOY where positive goes next on the right channel side of the board and negative goes to the left channel side?

Second, I am repurposing a wall wart for this project and wonder how to tell if the sleeve or the pin are positive.

Third, I bought this heat sink from radio shack. It is too tall to fit into my enclosure as I have it, can I cut two rungs off of it and still have it work enough?

Thanks a lot! Matt

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 7
Wow. You really need to read the YAHA threads on Headwise. They are not that long and you will gain a larger understanding of what is going on here.

The YAHA is single powered. It has no V- supply. Furthermore, You can use any number of different tubes and you must provide the proper power for that specific tube. You must understand exactly what you are doing with this amp or wont work. It is not a put it together and go solution.

Good luck and don't forget the blocking caps.
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 7
Okay I read it and I don't think I have it still.

I figured out number 2 and number 1, but still don't know where the negative wire from my transformer goes. Three 12VDC spots - where does the negative go?

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 7
Just checking on your build, how did everything go with the heatsink? You can always mount the VR off the board and jumper it, also if you use a walwart you may run into some wicked noise, using a SMPS like ones for a printer or laptop will give you a cleaner voltage. The ultimate is a 12v sealed battery, super clean sound. Post pics when you get time. Good Luck

Oh yeah I used to live in La Mesa when I was stationed at Balboa, do they still have that liquor store/ gun shop out there near El Cajon blvd, always cracked up seeing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back