Xytronic 136 vs Hakko 936
Oct 18, 2007 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

revolt

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I need to upgrade my generic, no-name, pencil iron and after reading a number of threads, I have narrowed it down to these two: Xytronic 136 and the Hakko 936.

Both are very similar but there are a couple of things that are holding me back from pulling the trigger on one of these.

They both seem to use the same iron, but the Xytronic manual says it has a 6-pin connector whereas the Hakko looks like it is using a 5-pin connector ... can someone verify this?

The connector is not a big deal, but I'd like to know if the Xytronic hot tweezers (which are about $70-80 vs Hakko's version at $170) could work with the Hakko. I'm not so sure why Hakko accessories are so costly (here's one example where the replacement iron costs more than the whole station itself: http://www.hmcelectronics.com/cgi-bi...oduct/C1148_1/)

Look forward to your thoughts.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have that specific model Xytronic (I have 379), but the iron's worked so well for me I just had to put in a good word.

I'm glad your happy with your Xytronic. I would still like to know the pins on the connectors. Anyone know if these two models are interchangeable? Oh, and I'm leaning towards the Xytronic, but it is only about $20 cheaper...so is the Hakko worth $20 more or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back