xxx
Jan 12, 2008 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

big-fi

500+ Head-Fier
I don't know what the fuss is about it having a bad GUI
It is a lot better than the Touch that I played around with for couple hours.
The screen just as accurate for me and GUI is basically the same...

It could potentially be bettter with the future firmware upgrades.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 14
Just means you haven't played with the touch enough. Back to square one for you.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 14
i also like the P2, but it does seem unresponsive at times, with that screen protector thingy on. Much better interface imho than the ipod's.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigsegv0x0B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just means you haven't played with the touch enough. Back to square one for you.

oh cmon, are you serious?

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #7 of 14
The interface is beautiful, but well designed... that's another story. They did make the buttons big enough, I'll give them that, but they did 3 things wrong in my book. Too much "double-clicking" to select, 1 turn "buffer" in the "Emoture GUI" to activate it, and the scrolling for music isn't as good as the Touch (this one is kinda biased, I REALLY like the Touch's way of scrolling). But other than that, the P2 isn't really as bad as many people say it is. I got to play with my friend's P2 for the day and it's pretty convenient connected to my friend's phone and bluetooth headphones all at the same time.

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 14
when i updated my p2 today there was no double click anymore so its way faster. i love this thing. but i need to find a video converter for it, can anyone recommend a good mpeg4, or wmv converter?

Jan 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #9 of 14
does super do mpg4?

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 14
The 1st Bluewave bought some GUI fixes, hopefully the 2nd one will make the Emoture more smoother, I find it good to use as things stand. Touch GUI is better imo.

P2 is a great device, 2nd BW update due around the 3rd-4th week of Jan
biggrin.gif

It sounds great once the EQ is configured right, love watching videos onit when doing my cardio kills the time away quickly. Bluetooth is great on the player, I've always got it connected to my phone and take calls on my P2 when out and about. Can't be any happier, lets see what the 2nd and 3rd BW's will bring to this player.

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #12 of 14
by the way, for any P2 owners i suggest download the latest full version of the program called MediaCoder. it has an extension specifically for the YPP2 screen when you convert videos, it makes life a lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back