xx
Aug 11, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #16 of 25
Last time I recall actually seeing a headphone commercial on the teevee was in the early '70s when I was a kid. I think the brand was Panasonic, and it featured monk-like robed people sitting in a circle, and one by one each person would slide the robe back off their head to reveal they were wearing headphones.

Considering the personal audio craze that's been running strong since the days a Walkman played cassette tapes, I'm surprised I don't recall running into televised hp ads since. I guess the manufacturers figure that if they build 'em, people will come.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodydoorknob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, enjoyed the video. The only can commercials we see these days are from bose.

I hear these advertised on the radio, but seem to have missed the teevee version. And their only sales point in the radio ads seems to be the sound cancellation. This approach must be workin' for 'em, eh?

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should make an AKG commercial. But it wouldn't be for those who rock, it would be for cool people only. And it'll have a bunch of AKG headphones form together to create one super AKG that goes and destroys lesser headphones like the RS-1. And it'll have a monkey as a sidekick, because monkeys (not Monkees) are cool.

I'll be back in a few, I'm going to the bank to get a loan so I can start production on this brilliant idea of mine.

Why do you need a loan? you already own every AKG item created!

tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by slug4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Purple backgrounds don't make me think "rock".

Jimi's shirt doesn't help either.
biggrin.gif

Those were all the rage during the psychadelic era!
cool.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should make an AKG commercial. But it wouldn't be for those who rock, it would be for cool people only. And it'll have a bunch of AKG headphones form together to create one super AKG that goes and destroys lesser headphones like the RS-1. And it'll have a monkey as a sidekick, because monkeys (not Monkees) are cool.

I'll be back in a few, I'm going to the bank to get a loan so I can start production on this brilliant idea of mine.

Monkeys are not cool.
AKG's are not cool.
RS-1's rule!
cool.gif

Zap!
blink.gif
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey look, I have some spanish fans......
blink.gif

http://www.dvdclasico.cl/iforum/view...r=asc&start=45

They said:

"en todo caso Trevor los RS-1 en los foros de audífonos tienen la fama de ser los mejorcitos para Rock "

and >>

"ESA FOTOS SON TRUCADAS..." >> what does that mean???
blink.gif

It says: "In any case, Trevor. Those are considered the very best headphones for listening to rock in the headhpones forums"

and

"THOSE PICTURES ARE SHOPPED"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back