Xuelin IHIFI 770 Personal Review and Comparison (IHIFI 770, DX90, Fiio E17, iPod Video)
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #16 of 18
Hello
I don't know if You still read this subject. Your review of the 770 is very good. I own one and I have EXACTLY the same feeling with this device : Bass very good but not so precise. High good but not so detailed. Warm sound. Scene intimate. I love my 770c also. By the way, Rockbox is very good and stable on it, but You need a high performance SD card to make it stable (for example Samsung SD).
I really like your comparison with DX90. Very usefull for me : Today I am considering to buy a second hand DX90 which can be afforable. Your comparison is very usefull for me. Now I know what I can expect with a DX90. I found a second hand DX90 at 100€, but internal memory is damaged... ? The seller says it work well with music stored on SD...
The other "old" DAP I am interested for is the Colorfly Ck4 : some people say it sounds fantastic.
The other, more expensive solution for me is to buy a modern DAP with WiFi, Bluetooth.... such as HIDIZS AP200, IBASSO DX150 or 200, ... But I don't know if I will enjoy the sound, and price is higher ...
Very pleased to read your comparison, and maybe, read You soon... Who knows.
PS : I will try Your song 7list which seems intersting. Personaly, I have had a beautifull experience with listening FLAC of ICEHOUSE band, made from LP turntable; fantastic on my 770c : analog warm of the vynil.
What You did not notice is : 770c is very powerfull and can drive easily Big headphones (but with low impedance). Personaly, after some tests in shops, I bought PLANTRONICS Blackbeat PRO2, which is paraing well.
My desire now is to have more détails in High, and a more large scene, but to keep warmness and smoothness of the 770c.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #18 of 18
Still using my rockboxed 770. Great DAP. The main headphone jack is broken, so I am using the flatter sounding jack, but that's okay.

I wish it had volume buttons/controls (instead of just on the touch screen), but that doesn't detract from the great sound :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back