XuanZu u202
Jul 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

stereorific

New Head-Fier
hi there, 'scuse me if i've posted in the wrong place but although i've been reading head fi for quite a while i'm a new member.  until such times as i can get my hands on one, or have reviews to read, i'm down to looking at the pictures.  i will have the chance for a friend to bring back from china a head amp and i like the looks of the XuanZu u202  has anybody got any experience of this amp?  and if so could you share your opinions of the build and sonics.  thanx

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 10
Your answers shall.... eventually be answered.
I ordered one for $200USD (Including shipping) on AliExpress. I'm going to do a review and we'll see how it goes.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 10
Don't even bother buying this. Audio is distorted, one magic eye tube is dead. Just no.

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 10
Sorry to hear Nec3. Sounds like your XuanZu arrived with a bad tube. Mine arrived very well packed, each tube individually rapped. My final price was $150, plus the shipping of $50. I have my LG HDTV running optical into a separate mixer for the DAC, 3 CD players, & my MacBook Pro all running through this awesome DAC! All I can say is CLARITY! Very transparent & incredible presense & bass, this is such Eye candy & all my gearfriends are immediately drawn to it! I have a small fan running to keep it from overheating, I can run it hard all day & it performs flawlessly! Best addition to my system in years!

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 10
I got one too ...  rolled it with various 6AS7, 6080 from cheap RCAs to WE 421a/5998 ... headphone used are AKG K142 and K7XX.

Swap out all the stock Chinese tubes including the magic eyes with German Valvo EM87 tubes...got another set from Mullard EM87

The pre tubes I have used so far...GE 5stars 5670..GE JAN 5670 ...JW 2C51 Western Electric ... Russia Duet 6N3P-DR

It sound different with different combinations of pre and power tubes.

Its a nice little amp but does have a problem...very very hot ...when it over heats it will auto shut down.
If your listening room is like mine without any air-conditioning it probably will only run for 1-2 hrs max at night.
I think is a good thing it protects itself from damage.
I notice it does run cooler with the stock tube and Russian 6H13 but again not more than 2hrs of continuous operations.

I have over heated an amp (another similar amp) and blew a component inside.

For now I placed a small USB fan to keep it cool so now I get it run over 3 hrs without problems.

My CD source is a Bada HD-23SE Anniversary Edition gold color...almost same gold color as the u-202.

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 10
Great info Walter, I was going to ask if anyone had recommends for tube swapping. I run one small little fan next to the unit, it won't shut down if you keep the air around it moving... I run mine all day, sometimes push it hard & it works flawlessley. Thanks for the tube info!

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 10
Let me know if which tube(s) you want to know. I am still looking around for other tubes to try.
I got a pair of RCA command 5670 on the way to me.
I still looking for a pair of lower price Slyvania Gold Brand 5670/2c51...prices are getting higher and higher.
My best tubes cost more than the amp itself~! crazy man.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #8 of 10

XuanZu u202 FX AUDIO 802C - LPS-LINEAR POWER SUPPLIE

The amplifier before 50/60 hours work it is very tired of singing the tubes call, but the singer and the singer died

Buy on aliexpress small amounts

Support and warranty of products hi fi ................. care

Side of there begins to suggest many questions, questions, ......... understand

I bought FX 802C digital audio amplifier and a LPS.

LPS cable the seller forgot, Ok 

I bought one.

DAC and LPS amplifier everything works well, for the price and connection on pc good.

3 weeks later the connection cable arrives,( cable the seller forget send end shipping the order ) cable much higher than it had

And I connected the LPS amplifier cable

A second all burned DAC, LPS.

Make the video the situacion

Complaint to the department of Aliexpress consumer protection 

Opened dispute only if return is € 9.00 value of cable that burned € 400.00

When they sell and receive money, the Chinese are very loving.

Write and request that we give 5 stars

In the malfunction of an equipment is the confusion no one wants to know anything.

Question about warranty, I do not know, every product has a warranty,

Illusion .................... products Aliexpress CHINA

If it's a sock, a cell phone cable, they send a new one

Products EXPENSIVES NO MORE

Failure
Products of certain value worked okay,
 but stop work 15, 30 days you TO LOSE

Aliexpress accepts all this from its sellers

Everyone plays at home.!!!!!!

Go my amazon more safe!!!!!!!

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #9 of 10
Hello,

Well was finding this hybrid tube amp interisting on the paper ... but ...
Thank for your advice !

Another point, I've google translated the presentation page, and it was say that the amp will auto shutdown after 4 hours or reaching 95°C and it always go to 95°C in 4 hours or less ....

The last point really disappoint me.

Regards,

Nov 20, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 10
I have used this as a daily player since june 2016 now. Got it from Ebay at €146 shipping included.
It has never shutdown due to heat and I even had it running for 8+ hours whitout any fans or so. (room temp about 20C)

Rolled som vintage tubes, 1960s.
GE5670 and Mullard 6080, very nice but not really my taste.
6N3P-DR and 6H13C, suits me perfect.
The provided chinese tubes are crap when you tried others....

I mostly listen to music from 60s, 70s and early 80s.
The chinese TDA1305T DAC is kinda ancient as my music :wink: so I believe its a match.

Sweet spot is together with Q701.
DT880 was ok, but I sold those.
HD650 not to my liking with this, using a Breeze SU1 DAC and a Black Cube amp with good result there, chinese ones to.

With my experiences I am really satisfied with this thing, even if I think that gold colour is ugly :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back