XTZ Bluetooth Headphone with Dirac DSP and NFC Kickstarter
Oct 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr_Owlow

New Head-Fier
XTZ Kickstarter

XTZ is a Swedish Internet Direct hifi brand that mainly makes speakers and subwoofers, as well as an amp, a CD player and a Room Analyzer. They have previously made an earphone which I reviewed

Now they have started a Kickstarter campaign to launch a Bluetooth 4 headphone with a built in microphone, aptX support, NFC pairing, and a DSP app to improve the sound even more. They look really good and I have already placed my order, the early bird price is incredibly good for all the things you get!

XTZ Kickstarter

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 4
I also got in on this. The cheapest one left is $99, but it still seems like a good deal if the phones are decent. They hit the kickstarter minimum, so the phones will get out to subscribers it seems.

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 4
It is definitely one of the very best BT Headphones you can buy. And given the price, it is worth more than each penny.
Look at my thread. I have tested quite a few.
I have written a comparison with the Parrot Zik 2 and will soon write a more detailed review as soon as I understand more about Dirac.

EDIT: and, yeah, although they can perform VERY well on bass, with Dirac they can be set to be very neutral.
I am mostly talking of the Dirac for Windows/Mac (which must be paid separately and it IS WORTH), because I could not try the iOS App (no iPhone) and the Android App although very good it is not based on Dirac yet (they're working on that).
But both Dirac and the Android App have different filters. The Reference one makes the EQ curve neutral (they have used a Dummy Head and applied FR and IR correction). But if you want more bass you can apply other "Boost" filters and if you really hate Paul McCartney you can apply the "Bright" filter which reduces bass.

I love them. The best highs I have heard on any (BT) headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back