visanj

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Xperia Z launched which is supposed to be iPhone/Galaxy S3 rival

I'm curious about the sound quality

I heard that it has xloud, clearbass etc but not sure about the DAC

Please share your thoughts on this....

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 13
Given how no one has gotten their hands on them, it's impossible to know what DAC it uses unless Sony tells us outright.
I have a sony phone (xperia s and xperia u), they either use qualcomm DAC or a ST Ericsson DAC, depending on the phone model.
Honestly I don't think xLOUD makes any difference, it's not like the phone is all the way up to need the extra power. and clearbass?...I'd rathe buy an IEM with good quality bass than rely on some voodoo circuitry/EQ. (i.e. don't believe the marketing)

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 13
Atleast they can implement the DAC similar to their Walkmans if not Wolfson DAC. Don't know why they are not doing it

I can see many companies interested in high end camera phone but not audiophile smartphone :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
Atleast they can implement the DAC similar to their Walkmans if not Wolfson DAC. Don't know why they are not doing it

I can see many companies interested in high end camera phone but not audiophile smartphone :frowning2:

If they do that then there's no need for devices like the z series or the new F80X series of media players

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 13

Samsung uses Wolfson with their phones if they have the exynos processor. Idk what sony uses

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back