XP-7 -- Innit s'posed to have AD825s?
Mar 21, 2006 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

C38368

500+ Head-Fier
So FedEx finally delivered my latest toy. Cute little thing, and the silver knob looks surprisingly good on it.
Sounds brilliant, too (at least compared to anything else I've got). But I don't write reviews; I just give my opinion from time to time, and this isn't one of those times.
Actually, the whole reason I'm posting this thread is to express a wee bit of surprise: being the good geek that I am, the very first thing I did was open the unit up, only to see... a pair of AD797s looking back at me.

Huh?

When'd this happen? Did Ray just run out of 825s, or has the XP-7 undergone a change? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Indeed, I was quite pleasantly surprised, but I still hadn't expected what I think amounts to a little battery-based HR-2 without a little extra investment on my part!
Anyway... carry on
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 9
I actually preferred the sound of the 797s to the stock chips.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 9
Oh, my understanding is that the 797s are considered the better of the two. I just thought it was cool to crack open the lid to see a pair of them there
smily_headphones1.gif

Though that was before I got a crash course in why not to buy cheap NiMH batteries...
mad.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by C38368
So FedEx finally delivered my latest toy. Cute little thing, and the silver knob looks surprisingly good on it.
Sounds brilliant, too (at least compared to anything else I've got). But I don't write reviews; I just give my opinion from time to time, and this isn't one of those times.
Actually, the whole reason I'm posting this thread is to express a wee bit of surprise: being the good geek that I am, the very first thing I did was open the unit up, only to see... a pair of AD797s looking back at me.

Huh?

When'd this happen? Did Ray just run out of 825s, or has the XP-7 undergone a change? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Indeed, I was quite pleasantly surprised, but I still hadn't expected what I think amounts to a little battery-based HR-2 without a little extra investment on my part!
Anyway... carry on
smily_headphones1.gif

The bill is on way heading your way. We give nothing free, wait until you see the extra charge for those little thingys. Just joking, enjoy your amp.
I was very tired, did not feel soldering those little SMD to the brown dog adaptors, so I became a little generous.
Ray Samuels

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
The bill is on way heading your way. We give nothing free, wait until you see the extra charge for those little thingys. Just joking, enjoy your amp.
I was very tired, did not feel soldering those little SMD to the brown dog adaptors, so I became a little generous.
Ray Samuels

Well I do so very much appreciate it!
Lovely work you do.
rs1smile.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Time to make everyone love me and hate me... I do in fact actually quite like this amp
icon10.gif

Enjoy!

I dont care who hates you or loves you...but I have an xlr connecter who is getting really pssed at you...and he has three brothers and four sisters...also he is good friends with the rca connecter crowd (which is also wandering about you)

hehehehehehee

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I dont care who hates you or loves you...but I have an xlr connecter who is getting really pssed at you...and he has three brothers and four sisters...also he is good friends with the rca connecter crowd (which is also wandering about you)

hehehehehehee

I think that sounds like a lynch mob in the working...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back