Xone XD-53 ? Anyone have this?
Oct 13, 2008 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HippieTom

500+ Head-Fier
Hi i was searching around and found this

ALLEN & HEATH :: WORLD CLASS MIXERS

phones in a review on youtube (they won over HD-25s Hmmm)

YouTube - Six Pairs of Pro DJ Headphones Compared.

Im getting interesting to try one for electronica
L3000.gif
. Anyone tried them?

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 7
BUMPikong

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 7
they do look nice but as far as I'm concerned everything from Allen & Heath is ridiculously overpriced...there's no way their 5-channel mixer is worth 1600$ when you can get a great one from Stanton or Numark or Gemini for 1/4 the price.

Oct 14, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 7
True true.But im still curious about them.maby they are great for 199$.?

And what about :Maximum Input Power: 3,500 mW ??

What amp delivers that in 36 ohms?

Help me out. Anyone familiar with Allen & Heath?

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoxHound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they do look nice but as far as I'm concerned everything from Allen & Heath is ridiculously overpriced...there's no way their 5-channel mixer is worth 1600$ when you can get a great one from Stanton or Numark or Gemini for 1/4 the price.

Allen & Heath mixers are the Rolls Royce of mixers, they are for professionals. Stanton and Numark mixers are still good, but they won't sound or feel anything close to A&H. They are well worth $1600. If you have tried using one before then you should know where than extra $1000 went. I have a Xone 92 and I've owned countless other mixers, including the pioneer djm-800, and it does not even come close.

I will be getting the XD-53s in about two weeks, I'll come back to report how they sound and the build quality. I also own AKG k181DJ and Ultrasone DJ1 Pros , so I will compare it with those ones.

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 7
BUMP. Have you got your phones yet or are there any new people have these phones?

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 7
I have them and after breaking them in they're awesome. you must really give them a chance cuz when i first got them i thought they sounded horrible. Also i always had supra-aural so the A&H didn't fit me head perfect but they take your shape after a month or so, and they can go loud or pretty smooth. Distortion has never been an issue. I really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back