Xonar Xense Preview
Jun 3, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 22
so is this thing pretty much the same specs as the ST except that it includes a sep. analogue output stage for 7.1? (and that stage doesn't have swappable opamps)

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
so is this thing pretty much the same specs as the ST except that it includes a sep. analogue output stage for 7.1? (and that stage doesn't have swappable opamps)

The design is similar in some aspects and different in others.  I also wish the surround out had opamp sockets.  However, the can output still has the opamp sockets.

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #19 of 22
The Xense uses
  1. a speaker output stage similar to that of the D2/D2X,
  2. a headphone output stage similar to that of the ST (including the CS2000 chip (which none of the reviewers seems to have noticed; isn't this supposed to make a difference?
    smile.gif
    )),
  3. a surround output stage similar to that of the D1/DX, and, most importantly,
  4. an EMI shield design similar to that of the PC350 earcup cover, which improves the sound due to a well-known physical phenomenon.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 22
Thanks for your thoughts, I wouldn't bother with the PC350 or any headset like that...

I'd just use a field array mic or some sort of wireless mic I can attach to my wireless Senn. RS-180.
I'm getting some corded cans eventually*, so I may also get a corded mic and attach it too.

So comparing the ST+H6 against the Xense (not inc. PC350) for my intended use...
I think it's a "no brainer" that the ST+H6 is the better option!?

*Not that there's much wrong with the SQ of the RS180, arguably the best wireless cans on the market.
The simulated surround they use is lame, but that's easily rectified with a Victor (JVC) SU-DH1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back