Xonar Xense just for gaming?
Jun 10, 2010 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pbentoto

New Head-Fier
Some posts on the Internet say ASUS Xonar Xense is a gaming audio set. But out of my curiosity, is this kind of audio set good for listening music as well? I spend almost the same time on listening music and playing games, and wondering whether this bundle is good for me?

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 4
The only 2 mainstream soundcards you should consider are the Auzentech Forte and Asus xonar essence stx.
STX for music, Auzen for gaming (fps).

Auzen if you do both. STX if you don't play FPS.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Some posts on the Internet say ASUS Xonar Xense is a gaming audio set. But out of my curiosity, is this kind of audio set good for listening music as well? I spend almost the same time on listening music and playing games, and wondering whether this bundle is good for me?

The Xense bundle sounds really good.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
The only 2 mainstream soundcards you should consider are the Auzentech Forte and Asus xonar essence stx.
STX for music, Auzen for gaming (fps).

Auzen if you do both. STX if you don't play FPS.

I own both and agree that both should be on your short list if you're looking for an excellent sound card that works well for games and sounds great for music.

However, I seem to gravitate towards the STX...I primarily play FPS games and it works great with them.  I occasionally install the Forte, hoping I'll be satisfied with the audio quality when listening to music (since it doesn't require a molex connector like the STX) but it always seems to come right back out as I am just drawn to the way the STX sounds with music.  Simply the best sounding card I've ever used.

In short, both work well for gaming; the Forte is more gaming oriented but I'm a pretty big PC gamer and the STX definitely hasn't disappointed.  Keep in mind I use 2.1 & headphones, so I can't comment on 5.1/7.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back