XONAR STX + Q701 = ? how do they sound ?
Jul 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

demontux

Head-Fier
hey guys :) 
i want to buy the xonar stx as an sound card + decent amp for my Q701.
i now use crappy onboard sound card of VIA chipset, and plug it to an 1993 stereo system. it does improve the fullness of the Q701 and the bass a bit, but i guess its not the perfect sulotion \card.

so first i was wondering how does the Q701 sounds with the STX ? i start reading ppl complaining of them not having enough bass at all (with K701 and maybe with Q701 some of them)

and just before i buy i want to make shure that they will sound nice and better then the onboard and not decrease the quality and fullness... otherwise this whole purchased is a waste of money.

a simple google search about the STX pulled up compailns of ppl saying that their previous onboard was way better and the STX is lifeless.... is this true ? 

is it a good combo with the q701 ? considering i will not use the stereo as an amp and just the internal amp of the STX
i do want to reach the "hidden" potential of the Q701. i love the way they sound right now, but if i can get better sound with the STX why not :) ? i dont feel like imvesting 300-500$ on an amp... i dunno if the improvment will be that significant... also its just a 62 OHMS so... seriously i dunno if i need heavy amping and i listen in kinda low-normal volume not too loud....

would love to clerify that matter :) that the Q701 will gain more sound quality and will sound better off with the STX then the on-baord and old panasonic stereo system (which has a little small hiss btw)

thanks a lot! :))))

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Maybe, try asking about amping the Q701 in this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/582276/q701-appreciation-thread

If you do get the Essence STX. try using RCA cables from the Essence STX's RCA output to the RCA input on the 1993 receiver and plug the Q701s in the receiver.
Just to compare to the STX's built in amp and post the results, on this thread.

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 4
i did post there... some told me the STX should be good, but i want to hear from more people that actaully have the Q701 and xonar and also have external amp for comparing 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back