Xonar ST working well with M50??
Mar 7, 2011 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FoxSpirit

Head-Fier
Yeah, question is in the op. Currently have a Audigy 4, but just noticed that the output isn't clean. The 0 audio noise is a faint and very, very high pitched noise but I'm pretty sure this is what riles my Tinnitus. I can hear when I switch from 0 output to output off. AUGH!!!!

So yeah, will the Xonar ST work well with a M50, won't I have any impedance mismatch that starves out the bass of the M50?

Many thanks and best regards, Fox

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 5
Probably not.

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Did you try out kX Audio drivers for your Audigy 4? kX Audio drivers aren't based on Creative's drivers at all and sound quite a bit different (better) than the Creative ones, I'd give those a try first. They offer lots of configurability, surround, reverb etc plugins and whatever you may want to use plus they feature among the best EQs I've used so far that doesn't distort sound/ruin the quality at all.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/general-discussion/206609-3551-alpha-released.html - offers the best sound quality so far especially if you're using Windows 7 but it has a few minor bugs compared to 3550 such as autostart might be bugged (can be fixed manually) or the saved settings file isn't associated so you can't double click to load them (can still load through the GUI though).

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Wow, thanks a lot.
That completely cleared up that faint hiss. Now the sound is simply remarkably clean, and with a slight high roll off (very nice EQ indeed) my M50s now simply sound fabulous to my ears.

Many, many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back