Xonar ST vs Forte vs D2X
Jul 9, 2010 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sdfx

Head-Fier
Okay so I am stuck between the three, but the situation is a little complicated.

Currently music listening is about 100% What I do I stopped gaming for a little while until I get my new computer and what not. I'm going to be a senior in high school so when I start college I will probably pick up gaming again because of my new system.

If I get a good sounding card like the STX I can last awhile with it without upgrading to a separate DAC, but I will plan to buy some more cans later.

STX is good for music, but okay for gaming.

I can get a Forte for gaming and then when I listen to music I can channel it through a DAC for music listening.

If I get the STX it would be a waste for gaming and dumb then to buy a DAC.

Although I would be listening to music for almost another year. I'm not quite sure when I'd get a new system it could be this year or next.

Thanks.

Jul 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 3
with your needs i would look at the stx vs forte.  both great cards both good for music and gaming really.  they both have decent headphone amps, neither will make a difference in fps in your games.  the main thing for gaming will be whether your want support for dolby headphone (stx) or cmss-3d (forte).  both have their strengths and weaknesses.  for me dolby headphone is great with movies and single player gaming.  cmss-3d is better for online gaming and pairing with music.  i can't stand dolby headphone with music, but good old stereo is nice anyway.  you really can't go wrong with either card, they are both very well built and will give you some of the best sound quality available on the pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back