Xonar RCA to BNC mod
Oct 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MONVMENTVM

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Some time ago I read about someone here who wanted to buy a sound card where he could mod the RCA jacks to BNC. In the end I think he took a 0404 PCI which is transformer coupled (?).

Now I need a PCI-e sound card but there aren't many choices which I know of. The most attractive card I found would be the Xonar D2X. It's rather expensive as I only really need it's digital out to feed my Havana DAC but... whatever.

Does a mod to BNC require anything else than soldering/wiring it to the RCA solder points?

On the other hand: Is it the same procedure for the Havana DAC?

Thx

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah exactly.

Would that mod be possible with a Xonar D2X? Are pulse transformers necessarily needed for the BNC out?

Oct 27, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 5
It can be done on the jack side - take a look at this for inspiration http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/add...ransit-129132/

I don't know how the values are calculated for the zobel; but as said, both that and the trafo are optional.

But be sure to use 75ohm rated coax cable to interface the BNC connector and PCB.

And yes, the Havana would need a BNC female chassis connector and 75 ohm coax going to its PCB.

The interconnect should ofc use 75 ohm coax and BNCs.

Let us know your impressions if you get this to work
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back