Xonar Phoebus vs Essense STX ?
Feb 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

appsmarsterx

500+ Head-Fier
hello, yesterday I purchased Xonar Phoebus over Essense STX, but now I have mix feelings about it .. Phoebus drivers are not stable and sometimes I m having some issues with video players like jetaudio and vlc .. I have to uninstall the driver and reinstall again to get the sound working again with those softwares... Phoebus looks amazing with the fancy lights and stuff but now I feel terrible after watching STX reviews .. I mainly use headphones but I have 5.1 speaker system too.  did I make a wrong decision here ?  can I return a sound card just because the terrible drivers ?   really appreciate any help ....

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
hello, yesterday I purchased Xonar Phoebus over Essense STX, but now I have mix feelings about it .. Phoebus drivers are not stable and sometimes I m having some issues with video players like jetaudio and vlc .. I have to uninstall the driver and reinstall again to get the sound working again with those softwares... Phoebus looks amazing with the fancy lights and stuff but now I feel terrible after watching STX reviews .. I mainly use headphones but I have 5.1 speaker system too.  did I make a wrong decision here ?  can I return a sound card just because the terrible drivers ?   really appreciate any help ....

Drivers are pretty much one of the most vital things when using PC sound cards.

That's how so many products promote themselves nowadays (fancy lights).
Doesn't mean they make good drivers though. 
mad.gif

Give it a few more days, if you still don'e like it, return it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back