Xonar Essence Vs HRT MS II+
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mattimis

Head-Fier
So im trying to decided if its worth picking up a HRT music stream II+. I have a Asus Xonar Essence ST as my DAC atm, and I cant decided if the upgrade is worth it.
 Im also wonder if I do pickup the HRT if its even worth keeping the Asus Xonar?

Thanks

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
So im trying to decided if its worth picking up a HRT music stream II+. I have a Asus Xonar Essence ST as my DAC atm, and I cant decided if the upgrade is worth it.
I'm also wonder if I do pickup the HRT if its even worth keeping the Asus Xonar?

For improving the Essence ST's audio quality, why not try replacing the op-amps first.
You can ask here about op-amps for the ST & STX.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/421890/the-xonar-essence-stx-q-a-tweaking-impressions-thread

Switching over the the HRT MusicStreamer II+ means giving up surround sound and you might end up having to buy a headphone amplifier to go with it.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 3
ahh okay I understand the appeal of the surround sound and features, but I have already made the decision to purchase a bottlehead crack with speed ball. That means I am only using my Xonar as a dac anyways, and with the cost to sell my card and but the HRT being so low I really just want to know what will result in better audio quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back