Xonar ESSENCE STX PRAISE & Tweaking Questions :D
Feb 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 21
Awesome guys good to know! I'll stick with this gain it sounds good
smily_headphones1.gif
So I'd be pushing my luck to dabble on setting 3? hahaha what do ya guys think even if it sounds good is that too much juice?

I hear ya Wali I like the Hifi mode too, if I were doing just doing pure stereo mode listening I'd definitely have that setting on all the time. I love the sound of these phones but they are bass weak so for me anyway tweaking the eq is a must I listen to a lot of electro/pop/dance music, all types of music but those genres the most often, and I LOVE the sound of that 7.1 everything becomes so alive and powerful. I play with all those settings all the time for now having fun with it
biggrin.gif

So I've been dabbling in Foobar and I see what all the fuss is about many will nod their heads
biggrin.gif
The thing that grabbed me about winamp is the way we can customize smart playlists and have them filtered down to the finest detail, and milkdrop 2.2 is wicked cool on max settings with a decent video card. I only played for a tad yesterday so I'll have to check it out some more and see what all I can do with it I may just switch over haha or at least use both. The converter is freakin awesome it uses all cores, I thought only dbpoweramp did that and best of all it's free.

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #17 of 21
use the equalizer in the foobar, leave hi fi enabled because it control not only the equalizer but environment size as well, which is a cheap gimmicky soundstage enhancer.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #18 of 21
how come when I use the foobar eq the music fades in and out? hifi is on with all dsp's off. Damn nice EQ good range I am liking foobar more and more everyday
smily_headphones1.gif

Also is this right for output?

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #19 of 21
You should be using WASAPI for output in case of windows 7 or kernel streaming if you're using xp.

also set the bit depth to 24bit. make sure replaygain is disabled and no other dsps are active in foobar.

in win7 in audio setting it should be 24/44.1 so your card does not resample.

try these for now, and if it did not work, there could be some other problem.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also set the bit depth to 24bit. make sure replaygain is disabled and no other dsps are active in foobar.

in win7 in audio setting it should be 24/44.1 so your card does not resample.

try these for now, and if it did not work, there could be some other problem.

That did it! cool
smily_headphones1.gif
I forgot I had changed it back when I was messing with stuff. I loaded up the WASAPI driver but I'm not getting sound, playback shows when I lower buffer below 500 but no sound. I'll have to mess with it a bit
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back