Xonar Essence STX Help
Jan 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

the_xpert

New Head-Fier
I have the STX model and have used it forever with my HD555s. I just bought some Red/White RCA cables and hooked into my STX and my Stereo Receiver.

The problem is, I can't get any sound output from the RCA port.

I have the Xonar Audio Center downloaded and when I change the 'Analog Out' option on the main tab to anything other than 'Headphone' I don't get any output.

Please help!

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 4

In the Analog Out section, set it to 2 Speakers.

Headphone: This sets so that audio comes out from the headphone jack
2 Speakers: This sets so that audio comes out from the red and white RCA out
FP Headphone: This sets so that audio comes out from the front panel of your casing (the green colored, or w/e color the jack is on your PC case). Setting this option will SHOW the amplification options (HP Advanced Settings: Normal/High/Extra High Gain )  
FP 2 Speakers: This sets so that audio comes out from the front panel of your casing (the green colored, or w/e color the jack is on your PC case) Setting this option will HIDE the amplification options instead, showing only 'Speaker Test'.

To confirm that you successfully changed to the mode you want, in this case the '2 Speakers' mode, make sure you can hear the 'click' sound from the card which is the sound of the electrical relays switching. It is the same sound you should be hearing upon booting up your computer. This is probably harder to hear if you have a silent/sound proofed computer case.

The next step would be configuring your stereo receiver's options, assuming your connection would be kind of like this: Xonar Essence STX > RCA Out > RCA in from the Stereo Receiver > Headphones/Speakers. This would probably look like Source: 'Line In' depending on your stereo receiver.

If you're still not getting any sound, check the power connector (molex) if it's properly connected to the STX card. Make sure when changing modes, you should be hearing the audible click from the card itself, OR, you can hear the sound from the STX's headphone out.

If all else fails, uinstall the driver, unseat and reseat the card, re-install the drivers, repeat the above.

Hope this helps.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I appreciate the time you took to write this up.

I do hear the 'click' sound when I change to 2 Speakers or Headphone. I know the molex is in properly as when I switch to headphones the sound comes out perfectly fine however when I switch to the 2 speakers it doesn't output any sound.

I have tried using the RCA cables in both my stereo receiver line-in and also the audio-in on my TV to try a different unit.

I just can't get it working :frowning2:

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 4
I bought a used Essence STX, when it arrived it did not work, I found that the buffer op-amp was not all the way into the socket, pushed it down and I had sound.

What make and model is the T.V.?

You might need to check the setup on the Stereo receiver.
What make and model is the receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back