Xonar Essence ST Audio Center
Dec 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

OpTicaL

100+ Head-Fier
I have a few FLAC albums with sample rate of 48KHz but most are 44.1KHz. I use Winamp for my audio playback. Correct setting in Audio Center should be set to 48KHz if I want 48KHz playback of 48KHz capable tracks?

I have the ASIO plugin installed in Winamp, I noticed with Xonar's version when I enable ASIO (bit-depth 24-bit, latency 2ms) all other system sounds are disabled. How do I get other system sounds to play during ASIO? On my old X-Fi Fatal1ty, Audio Creation Mode, I could enable ASIO, bit-matched playback and still be able to hear other system sounds. Is this possible with Xonar's ASIO?

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
I'm not saying there's something wrong, I was wondering if I can get other sounds to play while utilizing ASIO.

No other sounds should play while ASIO or WASAPI are being used. That is the whole point of either of those. If you need the system sounds, you'll have to set it to DS. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
No other sounds should play while ASIO or WASAPI are being used. That is the whole point of either of those. If you need the system sounds, you'll have to set it to DS. 

Sorry for being a total n00b but what is 'DS'? and where is it in Xonar Audio Center? I went through all the options and don't seem to find anything related.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:

Sorry for being a total n00b but what is 'DS'? and where is it in Xonar Audio Center? I went through all the options and don't seem to find anything related.

That is direct sound. Its not in the Xonar Audio Center, its in whatever music player you are using. (Foober, JRiver, etc.) 

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 10
Ah, yes I know direct sound will allow all sounds to be played. I was curious how my old PCI X-Fi Fatal1ty (Audio Creation Mode) do ASIO AND allow system sounds to be played at the same time.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Ah, yes I know direct sound will allow all sounds to be played. I was curious how my old PCI X-Fi Fatal1ty (Audio Creation Mode) do ASIO AND allow system sounds to be played at the same time.

Hmm...I never had that card. I don't know how that happened, but not you've piqued my interest. I think I'll look into it. Maybe I'll see if I can make that happen with my STX. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

Hmm...I never had that card. I don't know how that happened, but not you've piqued my interest. I think I'll look into it. Maybe I'll see if I can make that happen with my STX. 

One more problem is, I can't control ASIO volume like I could with the old X-Fi. It's annoying since I like using ASIO when using headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back