Xonar DG and Dolby headphone
Jun 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

geo2160

New Head-Fier
I just tried the dolby headphone option on my Xonar DG in Metro Last Light, in both 5.1 and 7.1 mode and it it didn't really seem to improve my experience. Besides, I don't like that echoey feel at all. Is there any way to get rid of it?

I use a pair of Ultrasone Pro-550's and, considering their soundstage, I doubt that they're the ones to blame.

Am I doing something wrong? Here's the way I set it up, with the standard Xonar Drivers:
1) Set to 6 channels in the Xonar audio center
2) Checked dolby headphone
3) Went to Control Panel->Sound, clicked on the Xonar speakers, and configured it. Checked the "full range speakers" box.
4) Started the game.

Any ideas?

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 4
theres 3 different settings for dolby headphone
dh1 has the most narrow soundstage, but has no reverb
dh2 is the best option for games, realistic soundstage and slight reverb
dh3 has tons of reverb and a very large, unrealistic soundstage.  some people like it for movies, i dont use it at all

its possible metro has its own wrapper, making dolby headphone and 6ch unusable.  i know bf3 doesnt work well with dh
try 6ch without dh, or 2ch/hifi if that doesnt work

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I just tried the dolby headphone option on my Xonar DG in Metro Last Light, in both 5.1 and 7.1 mode and it it didn't really seem to improve my experience. Besides, I don't like that echoey feel at all. Is there any way to get rid of it?

I use a pair of Ultrasone Pro-550's and, considering their soundstage, I doubt that they're the ones to blame.

Am I doing something wrong? Here's the way I set it up, with the standard Xonar Drivers:
1) Set to 6 channels in the Xonar audio center
2) Checked dolby headphone
3) Went to Control Panel->Sound, clicked on the Xonar speakers, and configured it. Checked the "full range speakers" box.
4) Started the game.

Any ideas?

Does the Metro Last Light have selectable audio settings, maybe one label like "Home Theater", or close to that name?

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 4
Nope, it doesn't have anything else but volume controls.

I also tried all the rooms. Even the DH1 seems to have that strange reverb effect that I don't really like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back