Xonar D2
Apr 11, 2008 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

joshd

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of replacing my trusty old Audigy 2 ZS with a Xonar D2, but my only problem is the lack of front panel connections. I use it all the time for my headphones (HD595) with the audigy, and would find it annoying plugging headphones in the back of the PC all the time.

Would it be much of a problem to use a male-female 3.5mm cable, and plug speakers or headphones into that? :S

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be much of a problem to use a male-female 3.5mm cable, and plug speakers or headphones into that? :S

No, not a problem... It certainly wouldn't be any worse than running a thin cable across electrically noisy components to a front panel connection of questionable quality.
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, not a problem... It certainly wouldn't be any worse than running a thin cable across electrically noisy components to a front panel connection of questionable quality.
tongue.gif

hehe, OK then
wink.gif

EDIT: well I ordered it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I could definatly hear the difference between this and a friend's X-Fi, so it should definatly be an upgrade

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 10
How about mids and vocals ? I'm planning to purchase sound card and this one is on the short list along with the Auzen Prelude and E-MU 0404 USB .

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about mids and vocals ? I'm planning to purchase sound card and this one is on the short list along with the Auzen Prelude and E-MU 0404 USB .

They do sound clearer I think, but it is not such a big "jump" from the A2ZS as the highs are.

Apr 16, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #7 of 10
Josh, glad you're loving the Xonar. I always like reading positive reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

One question, where did you get the male/female cable? I use a headset/mic combo like 99% of the time, but it is a pain having to reach behind the puter, plus I have mine on a home-built low platform on wheels (rig weighs close to 40 lbs!) and I keep getting the headphone cord tangled.

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ditzydj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Josh, glad you're loving the Xonar. I always like reading positive reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

One question, where did you get the male/female cable? I use a headset/mic combo like 99% of the time, but it is a pain having to reach behind the puter, plus I have mine on a home-built low platform on wheels (rig weighs close to 40 lbs!) and I keep getting the headphone cord tangled.

Belkin PureAV Blue Series Mini Stereo Extention Cable 1.8m - Ebuyer

I bought that one, but it was half price when I bought it. Does the trick.

The bass on this card seem much more "there"... not louder, but more... smooth? Hard to describe.

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the xonar DX its a cheaper version, same dac, just a few less features.

compared to the prelude it sounds much crisper and tighter. also might want to note that the prelude does not have Dolby headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back