Xonar D1 + BX5A
Dec 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Peignoir

New Head-Fier
Hello,

i've literally spent months doubting on what I was going to buy (it's great that I was able to find so much information here though), but I'm pretty confident I'm going for a Xonar D1 in combination with BX5a deluxe speakers. This should prove to be a considerable upgrade from Realtek HD plus cheap Logicraps. There are however two things I'm not quite sure about:

- Is a Xonar D1 good enough to power BX5a's? Or would that card severly hold the speakers back? For clarity's sake, I am not a music producer neither do I aspire to become one. So I'm not really keen on spending a lot of money on a EMU 0404 for features which I would never use.

- Which cables should I get to hook my future Xonar D1 and my future BX5a's up? The BX5a's have a 1/4" balanced and unbalanced input, and the D1 has 4 3.50mm mini jack outputs (Front/Side/Center-Subwoofer/Back). I am not at all familiar with this kind of terminology, so I prefer to ask someone who could tell me exactly what I would need.

I'd much appreciate some help so I can finally start enjoying high quality audio instead of reading about it.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm still open to suggestions for other speakers, I'm a budget of max 200€ (BX5a's I would order cost exactly 200€) and I need the speakers shipped to Belgium. I will mostly use them for listening to rock music, and for a little bit of gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back