Xonar - Any point of doing more than 2 channels?
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JohnnyReef

New Head-Fier
I have a Sennheiser headset which has no surround and a 4 speaker setup with a subwoofer.
If im gonna watch movies with my speakers i would select 4 channels i guess, but if i listen music and play games with my headset. 2 channels would be the only logical right? 
I see some say do 8 channels for gaming which i dont understand, if you only have a stereo headset, it should be 2 right? 

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 4
I see some say do 8 channels for gaming which i dont understand, if you only have a stereo headset, it should be 2 right? 

With Dolby Headphone, you can emulate a multi-speaker surround setup using headphones. It basically convolves each channel with the HRTF of the corresponding speaker location (including room acoustics), and then mixes the result to get a 2-channel signal for listening on headphones.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 4
  I have a Sennheiser headset which has no surround and a 4 speaker setup with a sub-woofer.
If Im gonna watch movies with my speakers I would select 4 channels I guess, but if i listen music and play games with my headset. 2 channels would be the only logical right? 
I see some say do 8 channels for gaming which I don't understand, if you only have a stereo headset, it should be 2 right? 

Modern sound cards are designed to take a 6-channel (5.1) or 8-channel (7.1) audio feed and change it into a 2-channel Headphone Surround Sound, which would feed into a normal 2-channel headphone.

Are you using on-board audio, with your Win PC computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back