XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Sep 21, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3,559 of 3,865

IMO the teddy Pardo PSU are not very good with digital stuff.

Just fine with my Touch.

The touch is not a great transport anyway (soundwise).

I don't like the TP with neither the Chord QuteHD nor the Dangerous Source.

The MCRU psu was much better with the QuteHD.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #3,561 of 3,865
Do you have a link to the MCRU ps?

Not really excited about the TP for that kinda money. Would rather wait list for a SR3, better yet build a ps.

For a Paul Hynes SR3 there is no waiting list, just a lead time 5-15 working days. The SR3 is produced by Paul Hynes Audio in license of Paul Hynes.
The SR5, SR7 etc are handmade by Paul Hynes himself trading under the name of Paul Hynes Design. There will be waiting lists for these higher grade regulators / PSU's.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #3,563 of 3,865
Posting this here to hopefully get some replies. Thx.

I have purchased the su-1 and was wondering who else here is using one. What connections are you using. I have a NAD M51 dac and was wondering if i can use the bnc wclck out from the su-1 and connect it to the NAD. Which input on the NAD would be the one to connect to. Would a male bnc to male xlr cable work. Thx

Sep 22, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #3,565 of 3,865
  Posting this here to hopefully get some replies. Thx.

I have purchased the su-1 and was wondering who else here is using one. What connections are you using. I have a NAD M51 dac and was wondering if i can use the bnc wclck out from the su-1 and connect it to the NAD. Which input on the NAD would be the one to connect to. Would a male bnc to male xlr cable work. Thx

Hi, I just took a quick look at some photos and I did not see a wordclock input on your DAC.. so I would not worry about that.. possibly the best input would be the AES/EBU.. so you need an AES/EBU digital cable, many folks suggest 1.5 meter as a good length, but that is a pretty robust connection so you can go longer if necessary.

You can also use the coaxial inputs and would need a SPDIF coax cable for that.. again 1.5 meter seems to be recommended.. the coax connection may start to lose quality over longer cable lengths.

Important note.. your DAC has HDMI inputs but those inputs are NOT compatible with the HDMI i2S output on the SU-1... do NOT hook up the SU-1 to the NAD M51 through the HDMI

Seems like a great DAC and I think the SU-1 should add some improvement... but my experience is that the SU-1 needs a long time to break-in.. (some folks do not believe in component break-in though..) so if it sounds a little rough at first, let it run for at least 150 hours before giving it a serious evaluation.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #3,567 of 3,865
Thx guys. Yes I am currently using the aes/ebu xlr out to my dac. Already i can hear a large improvement after only 4 hours of use. I do believe in burn in and yes I have read that after 150 hours it gets a lot better. Can't wait as I am already very pleased. I was a little skeptical at first prior to purchasing the SU-1 but I am a convert. Obviously there are improvements to be made through the use of these types of devices. Now I am intrigued by the AIOP that is being talked about and the PS Audio Lanrover seems interesting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back