XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Aug 16, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #3,346 of 3,865

Hello all. Sorry my bad English.

Talking about NAD M51, I have one, and I've been reading the post for some time and I'm wondering if it would be convenient to change USB converter. I would like to know your opinion please.

Currently I have the Yellowtec Puc2 Lite, and a nano – iUSB3.0 with good results, but I doubt if I can improve the sound.

Singxer F-1 to have given a better score, and a good price, but I also think that the NAD M51 best entry, is the Balanced XLR

¿You believe that having the PUC2 lite, worth purchase the Singxer SU-1 or simply with the Singxer F-1, It would be enough to improve Yellowtec even RCA / SPDIF?

Thank´s for reply.

At least in my system the F-1 with a good USB chain (you'll need a few gizmo's) and a clean LPS power supply was better then the excellent PUC2 Lite.

A stock F-1 would be very close to a PUC2 but at much lower cost.

You could improve the USB chain into the PUC2 Lite - another route.  But now you are talking alot more money.  At that level of spending - better to go with a AOIP REDNET 3

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,347 of 3,865
Thank you rb2013 for your reply and for the all post.

Indeed I have read about the insulation over ethernet, etc. But are a bit expensive. Possibly because it is not much expense, try the F-1 Or perhaps better to wait for something cheaper arises about AOIP. By the way, I also had the Gustard U12 and agree with you scale values with respect to Yellowtec. It was useful to decide.

Anyway, thanks again and best regards.

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,348 of 3,865
  Thank you rb2013 for your reply and for the all post.

Indeed I have read about the insulation over ethernet, etc. But are a bit expensive. Possibly because it is not much expense, try the F-1 Or perhaps better to wait for something cheaper arises about AOIP. By the way, I also had the Gustard U12 and agree with you scale values with respect to Yellowtec. It was useful to decide.

Anyway, thanks again and best regards.

Thanks for the positive feedback

Good Luck

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,349 of 3,865
I would like to know where I can reliably purchase a Singxer SU-1 ?

Shenzhen Audio Store has taken my $400 10 days ago and disappeared with it.
They refused to tell me where my order is only that they will check on it.
I will open up an claim with eBay at the end of today and dispute the charges if need be.
What a nightmare this has turned into.

There must be somewhere else to order one of these from???

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,350 of 3,865

I will open up an claim with eBay at the end of today and dispute the charges if need be.

Funny you mention that. I also am in the market for a Singxer SU-1. I actually found a place that sells them locally (USA) and I think they have both colors in stock with is good. I'll post a link: https://kitsunehifi.com/

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #3,351 of 3,865

Shenzhen Audio is straight, but very bad in communication and also in mentioning if stuff is actually out of stock and has a lead-time.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,352 of 3,865
Shenzhen Audio is straight, but very bad in communication and also in mentioning if stuff is actually out of stock and has a lead-time.

I can handle something being out of stock or back ordered if they would just tell me what is going on. "I will check on it" several days in a row just doesn't &^$ing cut it in my world. I mean their page says they have 10+ in stock but if they cannot answer a simple question why would their web page be accurate? I know there is both a culture AND a language barrier to deal with as well.

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #3,353 of 3,865

I can handle something being out of stock or back ordered if they would just tell me what is going on. "I will check on it" several days in a row just doesn't &^$ing cut it in my world. I mean their page says they have 10+ in stock but if they cannot answer a simple question why would their web page be accurate? I know there is both a culture AND a language barrier to deal with as well.

I have had awful experiences with them when buying the Melodious MX-U8.  I think they do that to gather orders - to then place a block reduced price order with Singxer and increase their profit margins.

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,354 of 3,865
I'm willing to sell mine. I have interest in going the 216 route before jumping into red net waters......

It might just be on back order. I bought the F-1 w/ case from their ebay and it oversold. Then the next day I opted to change my order for the SU-1. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #3,355 of 3,865
For anyone interested, I recently posted my thoughts on the Singxer SU-1 - link in my sig. 

Hard to see from my terrible pictures, but the XMOS chip on mine actually says "U308" on it. I figured it would have "208" instead. Whatever the case, it's a very nice performer imho, though there are certainly other ways to achieve gains as well. 

Enjoy the music everyone!

Aug 17, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,356 of 3,865
It is now VERY unlikely that the SU-1 will be here before my 14 day trial is up on HQPlayer.  Now this really just frosts my cake.....
mad.gif

I will wait another week I guess. I just don't know what else to do. I mean these guys are like "THE" supplier of SU-1's

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,357 of 3,865

never had a problem,  but sometimes these items are backordered

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #3,358 of 3,865
I'm on day 25 , waiting for my f-1 , and X-1 , to get here. Finally released from customs in New York. Should be here by Saturday.

I do believe that it's a supply and demand issue. They didn't ship mine until 12 days after payment.

I'm a pretty laid back guy , so the wait hasn't bothered me. Lol

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #3,360 of 3,865
I'm on day 25 , waiting for my f-1 , and X-1 , to get here. Finally released from customs in New York. Should be here by Saturday.

I do believe that it's a supply and demand issue. They didn't ship mine until 12 days after payment.

I'm a pretty laid back guy , so the wait hasn't bothered me. Lol

I talked with KitsuneHifi and they said they have their singxer products in stock and ready to ship from the USA. Also, they gave me a code in their mailing list for singxer stuff, but that expires next month. The kicker is that there are obviously no customs delays since they ship from Lynnwood, WA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back