XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,061 of 3,865
Jul 20, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #3,062 of 3,865
  Hi guys,

Since @rb2013 is also fond of mains filtering, I am sure he doesn't blame me when posting this short message:

I started a new thread about a newly discovered netfilter ( 230V Only!!!)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814781/powerfilter-with-11-sockets-powergrip-yg-1-improved-belkin-pf50-filter-user-reviews-thoughts-alternatives

Take a look, it's about this beauty:

Cheers!

Alex

Thanks Alex - will check that out.  Cool name 'PowerGrip'

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,063 of 3,865

Hi guys,

Since @rb2013 is also fond of mains filtering, I am sure he doesn't blame me when posting this short message:

I started a new thread about a newly discovered netfilter ( 230V Only!!!)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814781/powerfilter-with-11-sockets-powergrip-yg-1-improved-belkin-pf50-filter-user-reviews-thoughts-alternatives

Take a look, it's about this beauty:

Cheers!

Alex

Thanks Alex - will check that out.  Cool name 'PowerGrip'

My pleasure Bob :)

Hope they will also start designing US version! Depends on market of course,,,,,

You can see, Monster stopped manufacturing those HTS filters, Belkin stopped manufacturing them, maybe market is too narrow to invest in :frowning2:
Hope Powergrip will survive!

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #3,064 of 3,865

Hope they will also start designing US version! Depends on market of course,,,,,

You can see, Monster stopped manufacturing those HTS filters, Belkin stopped manufacturing them, maybe market is too narrow to invest in :frowning2:

My favorite are the Audience aR series - insanely expensive.  I was fortunate to find one at a fantastic price used.  Coupled with a few of the Art Audio PB4X4Pro and the Cerious Graphene power chords - that really made a difference.
http://www.audience-av.com/conditioners/

I hope they do come to the US

On the PB 4X4Pro - for $80 these are a bargain - they do use MOV's that need to be replaced every 5 yras or so (depending on the amount of power surges your area gets - storms and lightning being the worst culprits:
All PRO SERIES models have an additional internal discrete module called APF™ (Advanced Power Filtering) which filters out digital and dimmer hash as well as any high frequency noise that is above the audio range. Some off-the-shelf add-on modules saturate and lose their filtering effectiveness as the load increases, but by using a high power discrete design we were able to create a filter that stays effective over the full operating range.
By using both Common Mode and Differential Mode topologies in series for the filter design we are able to block virtually all of the unwanted noise that is between the AC line and ground, and also the two sides of the AC line. This has the additional benefit of reducing ground loop problems in your system. High frequency noise currents in particular are highly attenuated in both directions so that any line noise that could be generated by one of your components is not allowed to get back into your main A.C. wiring so if you use a number of PRO SERIES Power Conditioners in your setup, you can distribute and isolate the noisy components from the sensitive components in your system. Additionally, any signals above 10kHz are filtered from the line with over 40dB of attenuation above 100kHz and beyond.

I have SR Teslapex wall socket, with the Audience aR plugged in, then run the four separate PB4X4Pro from that.  I like the fact almost all my gear (esp the ones with SMPS) are on separate isolated filters, and the DAC is run alone on it's own.  So the DAC's clocks are triple isolated - once by the Audience aR then again by it's own dedicated PB4X4Pro - but with the isolation of AC feedback into the mains for the Mutec, RN and OCX - their SMPS are isolated from the DAC at their respective power filter end.  So the DAC has double filtering from all those SMPS's.

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #3,068 of 3,865
The case is sold separately: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singxer-CNC-Aluminum-Protective-Housing-Case-for-F-1-XMOS-USB-digital-interface/112061036320?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35389%26meid%3D793f5c26dd4249d78b3b7444e60d2821%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D112062071571

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #3,071 of 3,865

My favorite are the Audience aR series - insanely expensive.  I was fortunate to find one at a fantastic price used.  Coupled with a few of the Art Audio PB4X4Pro and the Cerious Graphene power chords - that really made a difference.
http://www.audience-av.com/conditioners/

I hope they do come to the US

On the PB 4X4Pro - for $80 these are a bargain - they do use MOV's that need to be replaced every 5 yras or so (depending on the amount of power surges your area gets - storms and lightning being the worst culprits:
All PRO SERIES models have an additional internal discrete module called APF™ (Advanced Power Filtering) which filters out digital and dimmer hash as well as any high frequency noise that is above the audio range. Some off-the-shelf add-on modules saturate and lose their filtering effectiveness as the load increases, but by using a high power discrete design we were able to create a filter that stays effective over the full operating range.
By using both Common Mode and Differential Mode topologies in series for the filter design we are able to block virtually all of the unwanted noise that is between the AC line and ground, and also the two sides of the AC line. This has the additional benefit of reducing ground loop problems in your system. High frequency noise currents in particular are highly attenuated in both directions so that any line noise that could be generated by one of your components is not allowed to get back into your main A.C. wiring so if you use a number of PRO SERIES Power Conditioners in your setup, you can distribute and isolate the noisy components from the sensitive components in your system. Additionally, any signals above 10kHz are filtered from the line with over 40dB of attenuation above 100kHz and beyond.

I have SR Teslapex wall socket, with the Audience aR plugged in, then run the four separate PB4X4Pro from that.  I like the fact almost all my gear (esp the ones with SMPS) are on separate isolated filters, and the DAC is run alone on it's own.  So the DAC's clocks are triple isolated - once by the Audience aR then again by it's own dedicated PB4X4Pro - but with the isolation of AC feedback into the mains for the Mutec, RN and OCX - their SMPS are isolated from the DAC at their respective power filter end.  So the DAC has double filtering from all those SMPS's.

I am very fond of the IsoTek filters, especially the Select, Mosaic and Ultimate series. They are insanely expensive but top of the bill.

http://www.isoteksystems.com/products/ultimate/evo3-super-titan/

evo3-super-titan-large.png

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #3,072 of 3,865
F-1 in a case. 

Wow, - so cool.

And very reasonably priced. I am pretty sure that i paid around $250 combined for the F-1, my aluminum project case, shipping, taxes, import duties, - etc.

Plus, one gets the pretty blue status indicator lights on the outside...

Thanks for posting this.

Cheers,

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #3,073 of 3,865
  The case is sold separately: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singxer-CNC-Aluminum-Protective-Housing-Case-for-F-1-XMOS-USB-digital-interface/112061036320?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35389%26meid%3D793f5c26dd4249d78b3b7444e60d2821%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D112062071571

Thanks for this link!!!!

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #3,075 of 3,865
Just got a Singxer SU-1 in as a "downgrade" to the Mutec MC-3+USB for work. It's hooked up to an MHDT Labs Canary DAC going into Garage1217 Project Sunrise III amp then JVC HA-DX2000 headphones.

I was worried I'd be missing a lot by getting rid of the Mutec and getting something less expensive, but the SU-1 is outstanding.

I'd go so far as to say that it is superior to the Mutec MC-1.2, and as good as the MC-3+USB for a "modest" setup like this. Surely, on a super high end DAC and amp, you could probably hear improvements with the higher end Mutec, but I can't on this setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back