XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #572 of 3,865

I believe I've ordered the same extruded Aluminum case as you off eBay and going by your report will be needing another one.

Where did you get the blue plastic case above mate?

It's a bummer about the aluminum case as it's really nicely built. They have a wider model that would require mounting via standoffs, but the next available length is too long and would need to be cut down or the RCA jack removed from the board and replaced with a panel mount connector.

The translucent case is a Hammond 1591XXCTBU - I picked it up from Amazon for < $8.00.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #573 of 3,865
Yeah, I think Linux have native support for usb 2.0. Anyway, I am not very much tech savy so I think no harm to install the driver to the HqPlayer Windows 10 music server. :p 

Ok my connection path will be like this:

Intel Nuc Linux streamer --> AQ jitterbug with V5 and gnd blocked by paper strips --> Cabledyne usb cable --> Regen green with external 8 VDC LPS --> Furutech usb cable --> Regen amber with external 8 VDC LPS --> short A to B usb connector --> F1 --> Oehlbach XXL spdif cable --> DAC

What a mouthful to describe the connection. I will consider to try out DC iPurifier and iPurifier2 if I get them.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #574 of 3,865
  It's a bummer about the aluminum case as it's really nicely built. They have a wider model that would require mounting via standoffs, but the next available length is too long and would need to be cut down or the RCA jack removed from the board and replaced with a panel mount connector.

The translucent case is a Hammond 1591XXCTBU - I picked it up from Amazon for < $8.00.

Thanks.

BTW, was this the ill-fitting Aluminum case off eBay?

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #576 of 3,865

Ahh, no. I had ordered one of the 820 series of this enclosure: http://phoenixmecano.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Alubos-Catalog.pdf

Ok, my misunderstanding. So there's still hope for the one I bought. I'll report on it when I receive it.

Those Alubos cases are really nice as well, perhaps they can be adapted, cut-down as you say.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #577 of 3,865
  Yeah, I think Linux have native support for usb 2.0. Anyway, I am not very much tech savy so I think no harm to install the driver to the HqPlayer Windows 10 music server. :p 

Ok my connection path will be like this:

Intel Nuc Linux streamer --> AQ jitterbug with V5 and gnd blocked by paper strips --> Cabledyne usb cable --> Regen green with external 8 VDC LPS --> Furutech usb cable --> Regen amber with external 8 VDC LPS --> short A to B usb connector --> F1 --> Oehlbach XXL spdif cable --> DAC

What a mouthful to describe the connection. I will consider to try out DC iPurifier and iPurifier2 if I get them.

A Greenie!  and a Amber - sweet set-up

Good Luck!

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #579 of 3,865
AT LAST F1 ARRIVED!

these will be my test setup

1. DAC
Aune s16
Audio GD NOS 7 2016 edition
Centrance mini CX

2. Amplifier
Cayin Tube AMP A88T-MK2
PSVANE KT88 T2 power tube 4pcs. Tungsol 6SL7 , 6SN7

3. Speaker
PSB Synchronize TWO-B

4.Coaxial Cable DIY 26awg OCC silver gold
5. Dual Head USB Cable DIY 26AWG OCC silver gold

6. IFI Micro IUSB 3.0

7. Linear PSU using talema 5 volt for usb power 5volt

quick test with aune s16
first test without ifi micro iusb in the chain. just using usb with 5volt to linear psu
the sound....

TREBLE Is sooo extended , alot of air, without any fatique (the quality of the treble is above ifi iusb3 if iam remember)
this little device sound almost same like the ifi usb 3 with more extended treble
iam listening with chinese song female voice "LEI TING"

the most impact i listen is the quality of treble and the background detail , so much detail exposed specialty the background detail.
i will post next impression with the audio gd nos 7. and with ifi iusb 3 in more detail.
so far iam very impressed with device

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #580 of 3,865
Hello

My F1 arrived yesterday.   I contacted the seller and he has provided a link to the driver but it downloads a cloud service,   all in Chinese and prompts for a password but I dont seem to be able to download a driver.     Anyone have a suggestion or can send me a driver?

Thanks

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #582 of 3,865
I managed to hook up everything and the first listening is very satisfying and I grinned from ear to ear. Compared to the streamer's usb output via Jitterbug to Soulnote dac, the F-1 gives much more extension at the treble and bass, exactly same signature like turntable playing, but absolutely transparent background. It is more musical like a super duper analog setup if someone listens through curtain and has to make a guess. Having said that the usb audio is no bad at all, as I use ethernet fiber optic and good LPS setup; So it is also very decent sounding and not fatigue but it just not as extended as F-1, and the mid range such as Ernie Ford's voice has a little tinge of harshness compared to F-1. So music is a bit bland for usb audio and long listening makes you fell bored. In contrary for F-1, the high note of guitar plucking is so realistic and authentic harmonics. I would say this F-1 product is one of my best buy (could be the best) in audio hobby. :) Thank you for introducing this product.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #583 of 3,865
  AT LAST F1 ARRIVED!

these will be my test setup

1. DAC
Aune s16
Audio GD NOS 7 2016 edition
Centrance mini CX

2. Amplifier
Cayin Tube AMP A88T-MK2
PSVANE KT88 T2 power tube 4pcs. Tungsol 6SL7 , 6SN7

3. Speaker
PSB Synchronize TWO-B

4.Coaxial Cable DIY 26awg OCC silver gold
5. Dual Head USB Cable DIY 26AWG OCC silver gold

6. IFI Micro IUSB 3.0

7. Linear PSU using talema 5 volt for usb power 5volt

quick test with aune s16
first test without ifi micro iusb in the chain. just using usb with 5volt to linear psu
the sound....

TREBLE Is sooo extended , alot of air, without any fatique (the quality of the treble is above ifi iusb3 if iam remember)
this little device sound almost same like the ifi usb 3 with more extended treble
iam listening with chinese song female voice "LEI TING"

the most impact i listen is the quality of treble and the background detail , so much detail exposed specialty the background detail.
i will post next impression with the audio gd nos 7. and with ifi iusb 3 in more detail.
so far iam very impressed with device

Nice!  That Cayin Tube 88 amp is a very sweet piece of gear - drool worthy!

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #584 of 3,865
  I managed to hook up everything and the first listening is very satisfying and I grinned from ear to ear. Compared to the streamer's usb output via Jitterbug to Soulnote dac, the F-1 gives much more extension at the treble and bass, exactly same signature like turntable playing, but absolutely transparent background. It is more musical like a super duper analog setup if someone listens through curtain and has to make a guess. Having said that the usb audio is no bad at all, as I use ethernet fiber optic and good LPS setup; So it is also very decent sounding and not fatigue but it just not as extended as F-1, and the mid range such as Ernie Ford's voice has a little tinge of harshness compared to F-1. So music is a bit bland for usb audio and long listening makes you fell bored. In contrary for F-1, the high note of guitar plucking is so realistic and authentic harmonics. I would say this F-1 product is one of my best buy (could be the best) in audio hobby. :) Thank you for introducing this product.

Great report!  You're welcome.   The reports are overwhelmingly positive for the F-1.  I agree one of the most transformative audio products and an incredible bargain. 

And it'll of course get better with a few hundred hours of run time

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #585 of 3,865

Neutrik make an adaptor which has the necessary transformer built in. I rather regret selling the ones I had -- I never thought I'd need them again. 

I wondered if you were crazy when I saw your latest ratings for the Audiophilleo, but it looks like USB electronics have caught up enough that expensive converters aren't necessary any longer.

I was with a Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu, but it wont output audio over USB lately and I don't know why. I tend to get excellent results using an iPad as a transport, though it wont always connect straight-away to the F-1, so I've been using my MacBook Air mostly. That goes into an iUSB 3.0 with an Aurorasound PSU (for their USB Bus Power unit). It has pushed the Yggy over the edge, much as using a Schiit Wyrd or the Audiophilleo did for the Chord Hugo before. Now if there was some means to put it inside the Yggy, that'd be much neater. 

Yes I thought the Audiophilleo2 was good - but not as good as these new breed devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back