Xmas Song Give Away #2
Dec 10, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 10
Nanoo Nanoo is a salutation used by inhabitants of the planet Ork. This greeting is accompanied by a customarily performed stylized handshake.

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 10
Nanoo Nanoo (To give it its proper BRITISH! spelling) is a communicative greeting first employed by the sitcom based extra-terrestrial named Mork in the quite popular sitcom MORK & MINDY which was an american programe made at just about the time where if itwere any older I wouldnt remember it.

The phrase was primarily and almost exclusively emplyed by Robin Williams, who used it to restablished communicative uplink with his superiors on the AMAZING ALIEN PLANET OF ACE.

Nanoo Nanoo has since been bastardised by a fat internet video git who danced along to it on his webcam while mispronoucing it NOMU NOMU and singing about FETA CHEESE.

A less well known meaning for the phrase stems from its original meaning. The Phonetian expression NOMOUNOMOUIC which translated through latin into modern English roughly means "Give Duggeh all of your Paypal monies" however ancient linguists are divided over this. Soem believe the true translation should read "Mint Choc Chip in a double sugar cone please"

I believe that covers all of the "nomu nomu" ground which is permissable within the Head-Fi posting rules. I wouldnt want a minor finding out what the impolite connotations are.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #9 of 10
Nanoo Nanoo

Thank you for all the wonderful greetings.

I forgot to specify the first person to reply with the correct answer would get the prize. But in the Xmas spirit all will who have answered up to this point are winners.

That means

sbulack, Coltrane, and Duggeh

Though Coltrane is only getting 5 songs because of unoriginality
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back