Xm4 and money problems
May 1, 2009 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ghigguls

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to get a PD Xm4, but my wallet be crying to me awful fierce.
I was going to get the Yuin PK1's along with it but I don't believe it to be a viable option.
I have a hard time prioritizing Head-Fi, so I want to know what you guys would do- get the Xm4 or the Yuins?

May 1, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 11
If $$ is the problem, why don't just wait and build your funds to the desired amount? that's what most of us do here. You'd be better off with buying the very thing your heart yearns than settling with something cheaper that could probably fail to meet your demand

my 2 cents

May 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 11
You could also get the items used. I purchased an used OK1 for the price of a new PK1 saving me about $80. Most members take good care of their stuff so buying used is not a major risk, plus Yuin's are very well made.

May 2, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could also get the items used. I purchased an used OK1 for the price of a new PK1 saving me about $80. Most members take good care of their stuff so buying used is not a major risk, plus Yuin's are very well made.

True. As a matter of fact, I have a spare Silver XM4 lying around not doing anything. I already rolled the opamp to the AD8620 which really improves the sound. If interested, PM me and I'll send some pics...

-HK sends

May 3, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. As a matter of fact, I have a spare Silver XM4 lying around not doing anything. I already rolled the opamp to the AD8620 which really improves the sound. If interested, PM me and I'll send some pics...

-HK sends

Well I couldn't send them so I will post them here...

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back