XM Radio
Dec 4, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 9
I have been using XM for a few months and love it.I now use the Delphi SkiFi receiver and it is fantastic.The record companies should be very happy with XM.Because of the instant song info I have purchased many CDs.That is the very coolest feature.you never have to guess what song is playing or who the artist is.The programming is excellent and the sound quality is first rate.I have no complaints at all so far and think this is an excellent value.

May 5, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 9
I received my XM radio and home kit from Delphi this afternoon. It functions perfectly with 100 channels to choose from. There are a few I will never listen to but there are some interesting choices. I was listening to World radio this afternoon and enjoyed many of the songs. As Tuberoller said it is great to know the name and artist for every selection.

May 6, 2003 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 9
I liked XM when I heard it at the meet, but I think I would rather start w/ an exceptable tuner. Including receiver and the yearly rate, I would rather spend my money on something that will improve my system indefinitely. If I would spend alot of time in a car, I would probably go for it.

May 6, 2003 at 3:17 PM Post #8 of 9
I will be using it primarily at work during the week. It gives me an opportunity to listen to a wide variety of music without the hassle of dragging Cd's back and forth. On the weekend I may bring it home for listening when I am working around the house within earshot of my main setup. I may down the road install it in my truck. I do not drive as much as I did when my son lived at home and was traveling for hockey so this is secondary.

May 6, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #9 of 9
I've been using a Delphi Sky-fi at work for a bit over a week. So far:

Great variety of genre.
A great way to learn new artists/styles.
Receiver is easy to lock up at night.
Playing tracks are shown on the display.

Dislikes:
Sound quality. (ok in general, but some glaring deficiencies in the hf range).
Limited classical selections.
Only partial readout of groups/titles.
That godawful orange on brown color scheme!

Conclusions:
Worth the money, but I either have to notch filter the sound problems, or possibly match with cans that are not as sensitive in that frequency range.

gerG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back