XLR to RCA adapters - Burson Conductor 3XR
Dec 19, 2020 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blackrain

New Head-Fier
Can i use a xlr to rca adapter on the dac out of the burson conductor 3XR to a Pre Amp?
I know that it is not advisable to use such an adapter on the Variable Pre Out to a power amplifier as it could cause damage.
But how about on the standard 2v DAC output or how about RCA out from a source to XLR Analog input on the conductor.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 4
The Burson is a pre-amp with analog and digital inputs and headphone- and line-out.

If you connect it to another pre-amp (wonder why you do) the fixed line out is the most convenient one.
Other wise you end up with 2 pre-amps with 2 volume controls.
If you connect to a power amp you use the variable pre-out otherwise you don't have volume control.

This is completely independent of the connectors.
If either source or destination is single ended, use a adapter to connect it to the Burson.

Dec 19, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I need to explain further. I want to connect the dac section out to my integrated amp which only has rca input...sorry for the confusion. The burson manual states that using a xlr to rca adapter can damage the burson if you are connecting to a power amp using the variable pre out on the burson. I was wondering if the same can happen using a xlr to rca adapter on the dac outf rom the burson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back