XLR to 1/4" or mini
Jun 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bsdlite

Head-Fier
(This was in the DIY section but was probably inappropriate there)

I'm thinking about DIYing or buying a set of balanced cables (just from standard stock Sennheiser cables) for my 650s, and I would like to avoid the hassle of having to change cables when I switch between balanced/unbalanced listening.

Is it proper (or possible) to make (or buy) an adapter that changes the XLR back into a 1/4" or mini connection? Also, how involved is this kind of a DIY project?

Jun 29, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 2
After doing some more in depth searching on the forums, I found:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177667

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
Drew, can you reterminate in female XLR and how much will an XLR to 1/4" adapter be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew
Yes we can do Female XLR. Yes we can do adapters. Price will depend on length. I recommend make an adapter long enough so that the XLR's lay on the floor so there is no weight bearing on the 1/4" connector when plugged into an Amp. So measure this distance and add a foot.

I think this is pretty much what I'm talking about; only thing is that after looking through the moon-audio site I came up empty handed (at least as far as a picture/price goes), but I suppose they do customs?

I would assume that DIYing something like this would be fairly straightfoward, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back