XLR-RCA Interconnect
May 1, 2006 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

giovanni

100+ Head-Fier
Could someone be so nice to tell me where I can purchase such cable ? It's is what I need to connect my DA10 to a SinglePower amp (single ended). The idea here would be to avoid adapters. A recommendation for a reputable online shop would be super appreciated, thx !

Also, is it possible to describe in simple word the "loss" one has by connecting this unit to a non-balanced amp ? IOW, would it be significant improvement to move to a balanced amp and use all balanced connections ?

thx again !

May 1, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni
would it be significant improvement to move to a balanced amp and use all balanced connections ?

thx again !

Yes
wink.gif

May 1, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #3 of 8
Let's see. There are plenty of cable makers you could go with. Just here on HeadFi you have makers like GrandEnigma1, HighFlyin9, among others who should be able to get one of those made for you at a fairly good price. You can also go with companies like www.headphile.com or maybe even palces like Blue Jeans Cables and request RCA to XLR interconnects.

I personally use Grand Enigma Oenomel RCA to XLR interconnects and they are great. Of course given that you have a balanced source going with a Single Ended amp, you do loose some functionality, but as a DAC my Lavry is a champ with my MPX3.

May 1, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
Let's see. There are plenty of cable makers you could go with. Just here on HeadFi you have makers like GrandEnigma1, HighFlyin9, among others who should be able to get one of those made for you at a fairly good price. You can also go with companies like www.headphile.com or maybe even palces like Blue Jeans Cables and request RCA to XLR interconnects.

I personally use Grand Enigma Oenomel RCA to XLR interconnects and they are great. Of course given that you have a balanced source going with a Single Ended amp, you do loose some functionality, but as a DAC my Lavry is a champ with my MPX3.

ok, that is at least in part good news. Similar equipment. BTW, what headphones are you using with that set-up ? I want to change from my 580, and I am not sure, 701s, 880, which ones may work best with the MPX3.

I've contacted Head-file, waiting for a response. Same for GrandEnigma1. BlueJC, I just checked their website but could not find anything like this, probably I would have to call them (I guess that's what you meant by saying "request").

thx,
gio

May 1, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 8
I have HD650s, 701s and HF-1s that I use with my amp. While I can't speak for the DT880, I can say that with the appropriate tubes, my amp sounds great with all of my equipment.

May 1, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 8
The cheap option is a conversion cable made by "Hosa" available at your local Guitar Center (or similar) in the pro audio department.
-Dan

May 2, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
The cheap option is a conversion cable made by "Hosa" available at your local Guitar Center (or similar) in the pro audio department.
-Dan

ah ! good one, even though I did find a decently priced cable at BJC which I ordered. For the length I need I doubt there would be much difference at all compared to the more expensive ones available. I still may be check out some of the places for the Hosa cable, may be B&H has it.

By the way dudes, Headphile needs 5 weeks for a cable !
Grandenigma1's I thought were too expensive, even though he offered to use cheaper parts to bring it down.

thx,
gio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back