xlr->rca adaptors for benchmark -> subwoofer
Jun 3, 2005 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MichaelFranks

1000+ Head-Fier
Planning on using the benchmark as a preamp in a 2.1 setup, any recommendations or thoughts on the best adaptors appreciated. For instance, what is all this floating pin nonsense and need I worry about it in this scenario?

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 7
both are volume controlled and simultaneously active, I suppose it wasn't obvious, but the rca jacks are being used to drive the 2 in the 2.1, that either leaves me splitting the rca signal, or taking advantage of the xlr output.

Jun 3, 2005 at 9:18 AM Post #5 of 7
hmm that is one interesting thread... I've been interested in getting a subwoofer but didnt want to change to an integrated amp or a receive with another output... maybe ill try this.

Btw, you can use the same method to so this as the method to drive the HD650s through the XLR outputs, using Hosa connectors might be cheaper too.

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 7
I ended up going with the 15 foot hosa xlr female to rca male cables from sweetwater, will let you guys know how it works out! The cardas adaptors were tempting, but still would require another cable, and cost 2.5 times as much as the full hosa outfit.

Ultimately I think I would buy a tubed power amp that takes xlr inputs, then just run the sub off of the rca outs... or get an integrated... who knows
smily_headphones1.gif

All I know right now is that I am about to experience the brown note!

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 7
A simple way would be using the headphone out and buy 1/4 TRS to RCA adapter cable.
Headphone out and RCA out are controlled by the volume knob simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back