XLR Analog Inputs & Outputs Question for Behringer SRC2496 Ultramatch Pro Convertor
Feb 11, 2007 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hershon2000

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered based on someones suggestion on this board the Behringer SRC2496 Ultramatch Pro Format Converter which supposidly will make bad recordings sound much better. What I'm totally confused about is what kind of cables or cable adapters I need to connect my CD player & my receiver to this. Specifically, the Behringer has left & right XLR analog inputs & outputs I wish to use. What I'm totally not clear is how exactly I connect my 2 RCA analog outputs of my CD player to the XLR inputs of the Behringer & how I connect the Behringer's XLR outputs to my RCA inputs on my receiver? One pair of the XLR's are female & the other is male. What cables do I poecifically need? Or am I best getting a bunch of cable adapters or something called a cleanbox which I think lets you connect both RCA & XLR channels. Any help appreciated. I'm totally unfamiliar with XLR.

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hershon2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered based on someones suggestion on this board the Behringer SRC2496 Ultramatch Pro Format Converter which supposidly will make bad recordings sound much better. What I'm totally confused about is what kind of cables or cable adapters I need to connect my CD player & my receiver to this. Specifically, the Behringer has left & right XLR analog inputs & outputs I wish to use. What I'm totally not clear is how exactly I connect my 2 RCA analog outputs of my CD player to the XLR inputs of the Behringer & how I connect the Behringer's XLR outputs to my RCA inputs on my receiver? One pair of the XLR's are female & the other is male. What cables do I poecifically need? Or am I best getting a bunch of cable adapters or something called a cleanbox which I think lets you connect both RCA & XLR channels. Any help appreciated. I'm totally unfamiliar with XLR.

I believe there are adaptors avilable.. If not, you could get some custom cables made.. RCA to XRL..

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hershon2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have a CD player which has a digital output, use this to connect to the SRC2496. It could be optical or RCA. The SRC2496 accepts both. This way you can use the DAC on the SRC (and the upsampling possiblities) instead of the DAC of your CD player. Now you only need some XLR->RCA cables for the analog output to the input of your receiver.
You will need two XLR female connectors, two pieces of quality cable and two RCA male connectors. The manual of the SRC2496 gives you also a schematic on how to go from balanced to unbalanced output.
If you find that the output level of the SRC2496 is a bit too high for your receiver (I don't think it will be, but still) you can find a solution in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222888

Happy listening to your SRC2496. For sure, I am enjoying it a lot!

Cheers!

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 6
I just reread your post and I realized that you don't have the manual at hand since you just ordered it.
On this page you can download the manual, so you can start soldering.
tongue.gif

Or just buy some XLR->RCA cables.

Link: http://www.behringer.com/SRC2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Has anyone tried to use both analog connections (input/output) of the Behringer SRC2496? I have no digital output on my CD player whatsoever and I try using the analog (line out) to connect to the SRC analog input and then connect the analog output of the SRC to the amp input... there is signal at the input (gain can be controlled as well as the headphone level) though nothing come out in A/D & D/A mode (the only mode displaying no error on the SRC panel)

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Adding an extra ad-da to the da output of your CD player will do nothing except further degrade your audio signal. I don't believe this is what the person who told you to try the SRC unit had in mind, or if they did, they were also confused.

It is possible that the SRC2496 could be an upgrade if your CD player outputs a digital connection which you could feed into the SRC. By doing this you'd bypass the DA in your CD player, using the SRC2496 DA instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back